10. Till The Day I Die

Kim's POV:

"It's almost time," Gwen says as she changes into her uniform as I do my hair. We've gotten too old to hunt alone so it's time to train our young ones.

"Do you think the kids are ready?" I ask, beginning to walk out the door. Gwen follows right behind me as we walk to the corridors of the committees house.

"Only time will tell," she says before the whole committee is in front of me, along with the trainees. I take my spot next to Bruce and Gwen sits behind me, placing her hand on my shoulder. I wait patiently, hand in hand with my husband, until the last of the committee comes to join us and the head stands to begin speaking.

"Lobe den Herrn und begrüße alle (praise the lord and welcome all)," he chants and everyone echoes his words. The nostalgia hits me as I remember the first day of my trainee years. "Today marks the day of reflection and action against the bloodthirsty monsters that we live among," he announces, making chills run down my spine. I've made the decision to speak in front of the committee and bows my time so I get up and stand before the 200 members and take a deep inhale before speaking.

"About 20 years ago, Bruce and I were unable to have a kid on our own so we adopted a beautiful babygirl named Amanda Pratt. She was our world and was so successful, graduated high school and got her own place with her best friend," I explain as tears rise to my eyes, threatening to escape. "The vampires ended up taking her life because she was a threat. They believed she would hurt them in someway so they took her life and I will not just stand here and do nothing. I will avenge my daughter no matter what," I end as the tears escape and flow down my cheeks. Quickly, the head takes the floor back as I'm overcome with emotions I've held in since her funeral.

"Will you stand with us? Will you go against the monsters to avenge the fallen?" The head asks making a roar of screams go across the room. With everyone in agreement, we can proceed with the attack.

~~~

"Thank you for speaking today," the head, Emanuel, says to me. I freeze up and bow to him before speaking.

"I hope I executed my part and inspired the recruits," I add, earning a smile.

"You did exactly that. I watched everyone's face and you can see the emotion in their eyes. You were able to touch everyone in the room, even me. Keep up the good work," he says before walking past and vanishing around a corner.

Amanda's pov:

"Will you help me change-" Elijah begins but is cut off by a loud bang on the door. The door slings open and Antoni walks in with a wooden stake and a menacing look in his eyes.

"Stay back Elijah," Antoni says before focusing his gaze on me, "I'll take care of this."

"Put it down, Antoni," Elijah try's to calm him down as he moves in front of my figure. I rise to my feet and pull my hair back, readying myself for a fight.

"Don't... Don't make this more difficult than it should be," Antoni stutters and takes steps closer to us. If he's not going to listen to Elijah then I have to try and get him to listen to me, even if it gets me killed.

"It's fine Elijah, I got this," I say and face Antoni head on, "What I'm doing may be crazy, but you have to trust me." Reluctantly, Elijah backs off and my instincts set in. It's time to defuse a situation and get Antoni to realize I'm not the enemy.