Baby troubles

A lot of you wanted me to write about baby troubles so I thought to write one

It is at 2:00 am in the Khanna house. Avneil are finally sleeping after hours consoling their baby. They have been sleeping for about an hour until their baby has woken up

Neil grumbled and put his pillow over his head: "Avni yaar, it's your turn to change the diaper."

Avni: "Excuse me, Mr. Khanna, I changed the last time. Now its your turn.", she exclaimed glaring at him, throwing daggers at him.

Neil: "Avni, come on. Can't you do this enough for me" he pouted with a puppy face.

Avni: "Aweh my poor baby" she went to him and huskily whispered "But that doesn't mean I will do it"

Neil: "Hmph" and left the bed to change the diaper.

Avni mentally laughed and joined him at the crib.

At the crib, laying there was their angel, Naina. She was the apple of their eyes, the gem of their lives. She was the combination of both of them. She had Neil's chocolate orbs and his reddish brown hair while having Avni's smile and nose. Neil knew that the moment he saw her, she would be just like her mother, adorable, fearless and childish. While Avni felt that she would be like her father, courageous, righteous and kind. They both adored the baby when a certain odor filled their nose.

Neil crinkled his nose and carried Naina: Avni what have you done?

OhAvni: What do you mean what have I done? Its your daughter who has done

Neil: Oh mrs Ajooba, when has she become my daughter. If I am not mistaken aren't you the one who brought her into this world?

Avni: Oh hello, have you seen the way you pamper her? I may have brought her here but you are the one who pampers her nonstop. You always are the one who plays with her, takes her out and the one who brings her toys. When it comes to cleaning, feeding and consoling then  I come in hand, hain naa?

Neil smiled at his wifey's frustration and decided to tease her: Well that's your job

Avni fumed at listening Neil's statement: WELL MR. KHANNA, IF THAT'S WHAT YOU THINK OF ME, JUST YOUR CHILD'S MOM, THAN FINE!!. She then stormed out of the bedroom and into the garden. 

Neil then got worried and followed Avni, after changing Naina's diaper.

Avni then entered the garden and saw the stars: Hi Ayesha Maa, how have you been? It has been so long since I met you and I miss you maa. I really do especially since I am a mother myself. Maa, I knew that you raised me alone and you took care of me with the help of Nanno but it was hard for you right? Well I have a lot of help. I have my Neela Maa, Bebe, Mummyji and most importantly I have Neil. Neil is the best husband I could have asked for and I know it sounds childish but I miss having my time with him. I love my daughter and I truly do but I wish that Neil and I could spend time together. He is so busy and when he is free, he spends his time with Naina only. I wish that we could take care of the baby together, so in a way I am spending time with him. Ayesha Maa, I can't help but miss him a little. Does that childish?

Neil who had been watching Avni from a distance, had his heart melt. He felt so bad for not spending time with his wifey and he made a pact that he will do it more often, promising to not let Avni not feel his presence again. 

Neil: No

Avni turned around and became surprised to see Neil with Naina in his arms. : "Neil" she said, wiping her tears off. "I was just here to get some fresh air", she muttered.

Neil: Why do you even try to lie when you know cannot lie from me. I heard your conversation with Ayesha Maa.

Avni: Oh woh...