Part 5 - Sooner or Later

Avalana Skylar Valerie

"I'm so happy that you're finally back darling, and it surprised me a lot" my mom said.

I smiled, i was watching her cooking a food for me, she said that she missed cooking a breakfast for me.

"Gabe brought a really precious present for my birthday" mom said and it made me realize that her birthday was coming.

Maybe she thought that it was a surprise for her birthday, what a dumb daughter i was for forgetting my own mom's birthday.

"I missed you mom" i said.

"Aw i missed you too honey, I've been waiting for 6 years for you to come back" she said while kept looking at the pan.

"I missed first 6 years of Jacob it is sad he's growing up so fast"  i said.

She turned around then put the fried fish on the white plate in front of me,

"You missed his first walk and first word lana, you actually missed a lot of things" she said and it kinda made me sad.

"It makes me sad" i said.

"Me too, I wanted you to be there but you were so busy and I couldn't mad at you cause it's all your responsibility and i know you're mature enough to decide what really best for you" she sent me a smile.

But mom i wished you knew how i actually felt everyday, i always felt like i had nothing to hold on. I felt like i was lost in the middle of the dark forest, i was struggling around passing every semester alone in my room studying with so many books around me.

"I felt so lost back in my medical school mom, it felt like i was struggling through the dark forest" i said to her.

"Aw honey, why didn't you tell me?" She asked.

"I don't want to bother you" i said.

"You're my daughter and I'm your mother there's nothing in this world can put you away from me." She said.

Oh mom, i love you so much.

"So how's life" she asked me like my own best friend.

"I heard diana is getting married is that right?" She asked.

I nodded in a smile while started to eat the fish that she cooked for me. She was sitting in front of me while watching and asking me a lot of questions.

"Tell her that I'm happy for her" she said and i nodded.

"How about the superstar guy that gabriel always talked about?" She asked and it made me surprise how did they know about him? I didn't tell them a thing.

Oh it must be Alec, watch out when I come back Alec I'm going to ripped your face with my own hand.

"He's alright" i said while i couldn't hide my smile.

"Who is he lana?" Mom asked me with a curiosity and a smile on her face.

It had been a really long time since mom asked me about my personal life, and i missed it. I couldn't remember when was the last time we had some girls talk like this.

"He's an actor mom" i said.

"I know, i mean is he a friend or something more" she asked and i burst into laugh.