Part 24 i - Please help me control myself

Apollo Arthur Hamilton

I was watching a tv series that happened to be one of my favorite in the living room with my food on the table in front of me. Tonight was my day off where there was no work for me, i should gave myself a little free time after my busy hours at the office.

The penthouse was always so empty at night cause there was only me inside of this place, but i loved being alone since i could stay focus on what i was doing. I was sitting on the sofa while watching the movie series when my phone suddenly rang from the table in front of me.

I looked at it from where I was sitting and it was an unknown caller id, i wondered who was calling me in the middle of Friday night like this. I wished it wasn't Ezra using one of his friends phone to ask me to join him to hang out.

At first I didn't want to pick it up cause it was an unknown number but then what if it was something important? So i got up from the seat to pick it up.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hello are you busy?" It was a woman's voice and it sounded pretty familiar.

"I'm sorry who's this?" I asked.

"Lana?" she said and i can feel my heart beat is pounding on my chest, it feels so unreal to have her talking from my phone again.

"Oh, no I'm not" i said awkwardly,

oh come on Apollo you are good to act and confident in front of your workers and employees why do you have to be so nervous in front of her? Especially she isn't really in front of you she's actually on the phone.

"How are you?" I asked her.

"Hey I'm sorry to call you in the middle of the night?" She said.

Her voice sounded angelic and i could just stay in a silent while heard it all over again until i fell asleep.

"No it's okay, you must be have some trouble with sleeping?" I asked her.

"Yeah" she said.

"I just need someone to talk" she said.

"You can tell me everything, i know it is hard for you to trust me but I'm not that guy anymore" i said to her, she stayed in a silent for a moment and it made me kinda worried.

"No, didn't i tell you to forget it?" She said from her voice i heard that she was laughing a little.

"Oh yeah I'm sorry" i said.

"So how's your feeling?" I asked him, i just want to make sure that she wasn't feeling alone.

"I'm fine actually, i feel so exhausted but i can't sleep" she said to me.

"Trying to turn on the music which can make you a bit relax" i said to her.

"That's a really good idea, well you used to do that all the time, do you still do that?" She asked and it made me smile to know that she remembered.

"Yeah actually" i said.

"How are you?" She asked.

"I'm feeling good, just sometimes feeling tired with work" i said to her.

"You should give yourself a space" she said and i nodded while smiling.