×one×

brynn's pov

I giggle as Jayden's eyes widen.

"NO WAY."

"Yes, way." Grinning, I poke Jayden's arm. "Gabby told me."

"Ben likes you?? That's adorable."

"Ehh," I make a face. "I guess he's cute. But if he decided to ask me out and we got serious, I'd have to tell him who I am."

"Oh." She shrugs. "But why wouldn't you want him to know? It'll make him like you even more. He'll be like, 'omg, Brynn has 170k followers??'." Jayden takes a bite of her sandwich and opens her water bottle.

"Don't you think sooner or later someone's going to find your Instagram?"

I shrug. "I hope not. I like being low-key. And everyone knows me as Bry [pronounced Brie] and I literally don't have any friends besides you, Gabby, and Saryna. AND Saryna doesn't really talk to me at school cuz we don't have any classes together. Aaand, I always wear my glasses here at school. So like when they see your dance videos with me in it, they'll never recognize me. No ones even interested in me."

"That's true," Jayden says, "But I think everyone should know who you are."

"Nah, I like being normal. And having a secret life is fun-" I cut off abruptly and whisper tersely, "They're coming."

Jayden blinks quickly and starts talking about a random subject.

"Yeah, so Ms. Karlie literally told me to write a 30 page essay-"

"Hey, Jayden?" Carson Lueders, aka one of the cool kids comes over with Hayden, his best friend. Napoleon High is in the heart of LA, so a lot of "famous" people go here. Carson and Hayden are some of them.

Turning around to face Carson, Jayden says, "Oh, hey Carson, hey Hayden."

He shifts his lunch tray. "Uhh, do you wanna come sit by us? Connor said to ask you."

I stifle a giggle. I'm almost positive Connor likes Jayden, but they've been super close friends, so I can't suspect anything too much.

"Wellll..." She turns and looks back at me. I raise my eyebrows at her.

"R-right. You're sitting with..." Carson motions to me, not knowing my name.

"Bry." I clarify. I'm not surprised too much that he doesn't know my name, but I'm always hanging out with Jayden, so...

"...Bry." he finishes. "You don't have to come sit with us, I guess..."

"CARSONNN!! HAYDEN!!" I hear a high pitched squeal. A fangirl, also a student here, holds up her phone. "Can I take a selfie with you guys? My friend doesn't believe that I actually go to school with you."

"Uhh, yeah." Carson smiles reluctantly at the phone she shoves in his face and patiently waits for her to leave. She repeats the process with Hayden before finally showing any sign of leaving.

"Thankssss, I love youuu!" She gives him an unexpected hug and runs away.

"Geez, these fangirls are going to be the death of me," Carson runs his hand through his hair and sighs.

Hayden laughs. "Yeah, but I don't mind too much...some of them are cute."

"I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that," Carson teases. "Aaanyways," he says, turning back to us, "Wanna come?"

I nod slightly at Jayden and she says, "Sure."

We noisily pick up our lunch trays and backpacks and follow Carson and Hayden across the lunchroom to their table.

"Hey, Brynny," Saryna says as I sit down.

"Wait, you know her?" Carson looks completely bewildered. "And what's your full name?"

Shooting a warning look at Saryna, I smile. "Uhh, Bryana. And um, our parents are friends. She just calls me Brynny as a nickname."

Still slightly confused, Carson nods. "Oh...ok..."

×××

"Jay, we're going to Guy's class at Playground tonight, right?"

She nods and dumps some books out of her backpack into her locker. "Yeah. And then I'm hanging out with Annie. Do you wanna meet her?"

Smiling, I reply, "You've asked me already. Maybe, but nah. I wanna study for the Chem test we have. Oh, and I have a private lesson for my solo later."

I adjust my glasses, and looking past Jayden, I suddenly see Carson coming over. "He's coming. Geez," I lower my voice, "Why are they bothering us so much today?"

"Ooh, maybe Carson thinks you're cute." Jayden winks at me, and then turns around to face Carson as he comes up behind her.

"Hey."

"You're going to a dance class with Annie later, right?"

Jayden tilts her head slightly. "Um, no. I'm just going with-uhh-Connor."

"Oh." He turns to me. What? "Are you going?"

"Me?" I stare at him in disbelief. "W-why would I go to a dance class with her?? Do I look like a dancer?"

He stares me up and down, much to my shock. "Uhhh...um, I don't know...uh, anyways, Jayden, you're doing a dance routine for the Rock Your Hair concert in two weeks, right?"

"Yeah..."

Carson turns to me again. "...uhh, what's your name again?"

Rolling my eyes, I reply, "Bryana."

"R-right. Um, Bry, you should come to our concert. I'm performing, and so is Jayden and Connor and Saryna and Hayden and Jayden's best friend, Annie."

"I know..." I grin, "And it's 'are', not 'is'."

"R-right. I know." He rolls his eyes.

Jayden laughs. "Nerd."

"What can I say?" I giggle and push my glasses up the bridge of my nose.

"Anyways, I'll see you guys later." Carson turns around and leaves.

Turning back towards Jayden, I smirk. "Actually, Rock Your Hair invited me to come. Not to perform, but just to go to get some publicity around there."

"Really??" Jayden's face lights up with a smile. "Yay!"

"What's yay?"

Jayden turns back around to see Connor standing there. Luckily, he knows about me being a dancer.

"Brynn's coming to the Rock Your Hair concert in two weeks cuz she got invited! It's going to be a giant party."

"But how are you going to keep your identity a secret, Brynn?"

"Oh."

Connor laughs a little. "Just don't wear your glasses and hopefully nobody from school will recognize you. If they do, it's no big deal."

"I don't like attention," I tell him. "That's why I've never told anyone I'm a dancer." I shrug. "But yeah, just hope no one recognizes me."

Jayden finally finishes disposing of her books into her locker, and she slams it shut.

"What are you doing this weekend?" Connor turns to her. "I miss hanging out with you more."

"Me too!" Jayden says, pulling Connor into a tight hug.

Connor's facing me, and I couldn't resist winking at him. His eyes widen, and he rolls his eyes.

"Cayden." I mouth, and stick out my tongue at him.

"What are you saying??" Jayden turns around and looks pointedly at me.

I smile innocently and pick up my backpack. "Oh, nothing."

-
-
-
-
-
-
-