×fifteen×

brynn's pov

"So...um, what color is your suit going to be?"

I lie back on my bed, blushing. Talking to Carson does that to me...

"Just black. But I'm wearing a bow tie. What color is your dress going to be?"

Hearing his voice makes my voice flutter. I still can believe that he agreed to go with me. I thought he only liked Brynn.

"Um...well, I have a dress I want to get. It's maroon. Do you have a maroon tie?"

"I can get one. What does the dress look like?"

My cheeks flush. "I can send you a picture..."

"Sure." He laughs.

Carson Lueders :)

this is the dress i want to get

ooh i like it :) it'll look good on you

"Anyways..." I say, picking up the call again, ignoring what he said. What am I supposed to say?

"I'll get a maroon bowtie. Do you wanna get dinner before the dance of something?"

If I were Brynn, I'd probably scream. But I'm not, so I just shyly say, "Sure..."

"What kinda food do you like?"

"Anything. I mean...I like Mexican, but it doesn't really matter."

"How about Uncle Julio's? Have you been there before you?"

"No," I lie, "That would be nice. Thanks, Carson."

"No problem. Well, see you tomorrow. Nice talking to you. I'm glad I'm going with you." I can hear him grinning on the other end.

"Me too," I add shyly, before hanging up.

There's a knock on my door, and mom pokes her head in. "Hey, honey, are you ready for TDA? Like are you sure you can still do this dance?"

I'm a little giddy from the call, so I grin and say over-enthusiastically, "I'm so ready, it's okay!"

She gives me a funny look, and then says, "Okay..."

Then my phone rings. It's Jayden. "Sorry, mom, I'll talk to you later." She nods and shuts the door.

"Hey, Jay," I say, answering my phone, "What's up?"

"So, have you talked to Carson yet?"

"Ya. I'm so excited. What about you and Connor?"

"Stop trying to change the topic. I think you'll fall for Carson soon."

"Excuse me?" I say, and giggle.

"Are you drunk??"

"NO!" I slap my hand to my face. "I'm not. I just talked to Carson, okay? I'm a little..."

"Love-silly?"

"Um, sure. ANYWAYS, how are plans going with Connor?"

It's Jayden's turn to giggle. "It's going well. He's acting so weird. Like..."

"Like he likes you?"

"Oh my gosh, Brynn, no."

"Mhmm..."

"DUDE, we're best friends!"

I chuckle. "Can't best friends start liking each other?"

"UGH."

carson's pov

"Have you talked to Brynn recently?" Hayden asks, tossing me a water bottle.

Annie comes into the snack room. "Who?"

"You know, Jayden's friend."

I nod. "Yeah, I have. We just text now and then. I have to think of an excuse to talk to her or go see her."

Annie looks suprised. "Do you like her?"

"Um, yeah, I think I'm in love." I laugh, "Jk, but, yeah, I like her a lot."

Annie gives me a look, almost of hurt or disappointment, and leaves.

"What was that all about?" Rush asks, coming in.

I answer truthfully, "I have no idea."

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
A/N: next chapter is a massive time skip to the dance lol cuz I suck at filler chapters. Actually, im really good at them, until I actually need them. Does that make any sense? Not really.