×eight×

brynn's pov

I shake my head. "No," I insist, "Kenzie's favorite color is most definitely not orange."

Lauren nods next to me, crossing her legs on the fancy couch and hugging a pillow. "Exactly! That's what I told John."

"Yeah, bro, you need to get your boyfriend status back up." Carson says, and Johnny gasps in pretend horror. I reach over the coffee table and high five Carson.

"Jenzie!" We say in unison, and then I burst out giggling.

"Oooookay," Johnny says, rolling his eyes. "Back to the matter at hand, what color are the balloons going to be?"

"Why does it matter?" Lauren protests, groaning. "Get her any color and she'll be happy. We need to focus on the REAL issues, like who we're inviting. We've spent the last half an hour determining boring things like decorations."

"This is so backwards," Carson laughs and reclines back on the couch, arms behind his neck. "Usually girls are all about the details."

Sighing loudly, I take Johnny's computer from him.

"Hey!"

"This would go so much smoother if we had an actual PLAN for what we're doing." I smile in spite of myself, and Carson scoots closer to me to look at the screen.

"M'kay." I pull up a blank document on his computer while Johnny protests. "Here are the things we need to figure out."

decorations

invitees

food

plan to trick Kenzie

"Now we rank them most important to least important. Then we create sub-categories, like what kinds of food/drinks, or specific decorations we're planning." I finish putting rankings, and start drafting out all the specific decorations/foods/etc.

"That's more like it." Carson fist bumps me, snapping my mind back to the conversation we had earlier.

"See?" Lauren says, jumping on top of Johnny. "This is how to plan a party. You don't jump from random things to random things."

He sighs, but smiles and looks over at what I'm typing.

carson's pov

I love Brynn even more than I did before. She's very commanding, but still in a humble and fun way. 

Soon, we finish most of the important details.

"I'm gonna have to say this, even though my pride doesn't want to," Johnny starts, and Lauren pushes him over.

"SAY IT!"

"Okay, okay, Brynn, you're a master planner, better than me."

Brynn laughs, her sweet, joyful laugh, and Lauren and I can't help but join in.

"Let's take a break. I'm bored." Lauren pulls Brynn into the kitchen, probably to get something to snack on.

Pretty soon they return, carrying glasses of water.

"Just water?" Johnny protests good naturedly, but takes it anyways and downs it all. Brynn hands me a cup, and I start drinking it too.

Only to realize there's something seriously wrong with it. I spit it out back into my cup, choking on the salty-sour disgusting water. Johnny however, doesn't make it into his cup, and spews water all over the fancy carpet.

"Jeez, John, what would Kenzie say if she saw you?" scolds Lauren with a serious face. They can't hold it for long, because Lauren and Brynn then break out into giggles.

"What??" Johnny and I ask indignantly.

Brynn controls herself enough to blurt out, "Don't you like salt and citric acid in your water?"

I was THIS close to throwing my water on her. But I couldn't risk wetting her gorgeous hair. Johnny however, couldn't resist, and tossed his water onto Lauren.

"Ew!" Lauren made a face and then pulled Brynn away. "C'mon, let's get away from these losers. I'll give you a full house tour."

I jump up from the couch. "I'll come!"

"No!" Brynn shouts jokingly, pushing me back onto the couch, but Johnny and I get back up and follow behind them.

I've been to the Orlando's apartment/house before, but Brynn hasn't and her mouth gapes open the whole tour, much to our amusement.

"And finally, here we have our pool room." Lauren opens the last door with a flourish.

"You guys have a pool here too? Dangggg." Brynn laughs and steps into the giant pool room after Lauren.

I'm still fed up with pools from the gross school pool we had to do PE in today, and from the weird experience I had with that girl trying to drown someone (what's her name...Bry?), but I can't resist rushing out and pushing Brynn, clothes and all into the pool. Johnny follows suit, and shoves Lauren in behind her.

The scream loudly, crashing into the pool with a giant splash. When the surface, they're hopping mad.

"HEY!"

Johnny and I high five each other. "That's for not giving us proper water."

"Well, you guys will get enough proper water after this!" Lauren and Brynn shout back, and climb out of the pool, soaking wet. 

Brynn sprints to the door and blocks it, while Lauren chases us around. I slip on the wet floor, and faceplant onto the tile. I hear a peal of giggles from Brynn, and suddenly, I feel her hands on my back, pushing me. I realize too late, and shout out before falling into the pool.

"AUGH!!" I yell, surfacing, and reach out my arm to grab hers just before she tries to run away, pulling her in with me.

After splashing around for a while, I finally climb out, exhausted, and watch Lauren trying to dunk Johnny. I laugh, and then turn back to Brynn and help pull her out.

She laughs tiredly, and then says, "That's the second bad experience with a pool I've had today."

Feining offense, I push her back into the pool. "You call this a bad experience? It's about to get a whole lot worse." Then I jump back in, pushing her down underwater. When she pops back up, she wraps her arms around my neck and shoves me under.

Finally, I come back up again, and her arms are still around my neck. We're really close, I realize. Her body is up against mine, and...

"WOAH, guys!" I hear a giggle and Brynn and I quickly separate. Brynn's cheeks are bright pink, and mine probably are too.

Awkwardly, we climb out of the pool. and Johnny and Lauren follow suit.

"What was that all about??" Lauren demands, mischief dancing in her eyes.

"Um..."

"Anyways," I say, changing the subject desperately. "What was the first bad experience you had with a pool today?"

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-