×eleven×

A/N: btw thx for 1k reads ️and here's your Jenzie for ya :))

johnny's pov

"Hey, John, sorry we're late." Carson says, fist bumping me and then saying hi to Mom and Lauren.

"No problem. Thanks for coming!"

"Of course we'd come!" Brynn says indignantly.

"Alright, then, let's get this party started."

We finish the decorations and setting up the food pretty quickly. I set up a Bluetooth speaker too, and finally, everything is set. Then the people start to come in.

Saryna, Nina, Maisy, Danielle, Emily, Nadia and Ruby, Hayden, and others come in, and we hide them behind the couches, table, in closets until everything looks good.

The room is pretty dark, except for the hallway light. You wouldn't be able to see the decorations or the food if you came in.

My heart beats faster. I hope Kenzie gets suprised...

kenzie's pov

"So...why did Johnny invite you over tonight?" Maddie asks suggestively.

I roll my eyes. "It wasn't just Johnny, it was Lauren too. And we're going to try to write some more of our new song together."

"Oh, fun. Don't have too much fun, though." Winking at me, Maddie puts the car on park and unlocks the doors.

"Yeah, yeah, I know." I roll my eyes and hop out of the car. Then I blow her a kiss. "Pick me up at 10?"

"Sure. See ya!"

Shutting the car door, I enter the Orlando's fancy apartment building. I text Johnny to tell him I'm here, and then the front desk lady lets me on the elevator.

When it lands on their floor, Johnny greets me.

"Hey, Kenz, how are you?"

"I'm great! What about you?" I give him a quick hug and we head back to their apartment.

"I'm good."

"You look nervous," I remark, as he starts opening the door. "Like, are you shaking?" I take his hand and it's shaking.

"No, I'm fine," he laughs casually. "Laur? Kenz's here."

Is he nervous to see me? When I used to have a crush on him, I would get nervous before I saw him. "John, are you..."

He whirls around and gives me a concerned look. "Yeah?"

"Why are you nervous?"

"Huh?" He edges towards the kitchen.

"Oh...never mind. So, should we get writing? What are you thinking of for the song?"

"Maybe one that goes like..."

Suddenly, the apartment is flooded with light, and, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR KENZIE, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!"

I jump, and almost fall over. Then my mouth drops open. "W-wait, what, w-what?"

They all laugh, and I feel arms going around my waist.

"Suprise, Mackensis," I hear John whisper softly, and I whirl around and wrap him in a giant hug.

"You did this?" I ask in disbelief.

A small smile plays at his lips, and his emerald green eyes dance. "Of course. Anything for you, Kenz."

A loud 'aww', interrupts us, and I roll my eyes at everyone and say, "Give us a second."

I pull John into his room. "That was why you were nervous, you goof," I laugh, and wrap my arms around his neck. "I thought it was because.."

"Because I liked you?" Johnny finishes for me quietly. His eyes are a trap, and I'm caught in them. I can't answer.

"Maybe," Johnny whispers, leaning closer, "It's because I do."

"Guys, um-"

We slowly separate, looking over at Lauren.

"Hi."

Lauren raises her eyebrows at us. "Hi. Um, y'all have guests out there...do that later...I mean, if it's urgent business...then... nevermind..." Awkwardly, she leaves the room again, pulling it shut behind her.

Johnny looks back at me. "I do like you, Kenz. I like you a lot."

"Me too." I smile, and run my finger along his jawline. "Thanks again for this party."

Nodding, Johnny smiles down at me. "So...I wanna try out this new restaurant on Saturday...do you want to come?"

"Is this a date?" I grin.

"Sure."

"Then it's a yes," I pull him in for another kiss. "That would be the best birthday present ever."

brynn's pov

"Um, so where did Jenzie go?" I ask Carson, who's sitting next to me.

"They're making out in his room." Lauren says, coming up behind us. "You guys are master planners."

Carson and I high five each other, and then he gives me a hug. "It worked out better than we expected."

"Yeah," Lauren grins, "Now I know, if I ever want y'all to start dating, I'll tell Carson to plan a surprise party for you, Brynn."

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
A/N: I started writing another Jenzie story aksbkskks