×twenty-three×

hayden's pov

"Woah, what's all this about?" I ask, bewildered, as I see a group of girls trying to talk to a very flustered Jayden talking on the phone. 

Connor shakes his head. "Well...read the newspaper. I mean, don't," he hurriedly corrects himself. "Let me explain."

"Okay..." I'm still really confused.

Taking a deep breath, Connor begins. "So, you know Bry, right. Well, she actually-"

"Ooh, Hayden, just the person I want to see." Alisster, the girl who thinks she's everyone's best friend and turns out to be everyone's enemy, struts over and steps in between me and Connor. "Where's your buddy Carson?"

I think I puked in my mouth. "None of your business...You're interrupting me, sorry. Go on, Connor."

"Oh of course," Alisster croons. "I think you might want to see this." She shoves the school newspaper against my chest and walks away.

I glance at it briefly before looking back at Connor. Wait, what? Bry Rumfy's Secret Life Revealed? Confused, I look up at Connor. He sighs and runs the palms of his hands down his face.

"Well?"

Connor explains the whole situation to me. I'm shocked when I hear that Bry really is Brynn. Looking back, though, it all makes sense. Jayden comes over as Connor finishes talking.

"Hey," she says, unenthusiastically. Then she looks at Connor. "Why aren't you going to class?"

"I was telling Hayden. I mean, Alisster kind of beat me to it...anyways, if we get in trouble, I'll say it's my fault." Connor smiles at Jayden and she blushes. 

"I still can't believe it." I shake my head. "Why wouldn't you just tell us?"

She sighs and gives me a look.

"...can I tell Carson?"

Connor and Jayden exchange a look. "Uhh..."

"I mean, he's going to find out sooner or later-" I'm interrupted by a phone call. It's Carson.

"Hey..." I answer tentatively.

"OH MY GOSH, DID YOU SEE MY TEXT?!?"

"Uh, no."

Carson sounds excited, nervous, and a billion other emotions right now. "The school newspaper. About Brynn." He says, and I can practically hear him jumping around. "Is it real??"

"Huh?" I look at Jayden and Connor, and Jayden buries her hands in her face. "How'd that get on social media?"

"I don't know, but it did. Is it true?"

"Wanna talk to Jayden?" Jayden gives me a death glare, but I just hand the phone to her.

jayden's pov

"Hey."

"Jayden. Is Brynn really Bry? Why didn't you tell me?"

She's silent for a second. "She didn't want you to know."

"But-but I talked about Brynn all the time and...oh my gosh, Jayden, I'm so mad right now."

"Aren't you glad that you don't have to choose between Brynn and Bry?" Jayden smiles in spite of herself.

"I hate you."

carson's pov

My mind is a wreck right now. I can't believe it. Bry and Brynn...the same person all along. I should have known. That's what all those secret looks Jayden and Bry exchanged all the time were about. It's embarrassing, I talked about Brynn right in front of her face. I can't imagine what she thinks of me. And I turned her down at the dance.

I stare out the window of our tour bus blankly.

My phone buzzes, startling me, and I drop my phone. Swiftly retrieving it, I see the caller is my manager.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Carse, how ya doin'?"

I run my sweaty palm down my jeans. "Uh, fine."

"Rock Your Hair wants to do a mini concert for their charity event and they want you to perform. But it's right when you get back, the day after. Are you okay with that?"

"Uh, sure." I sigh. Maybe a busy schedule will get my mind off of this Brynn/Bry situation.

By the way, I'm almost feeling mad at Brynn. She was just playing with me. Spying on me and pretending to be something. She ruined my trust and-

"Carson!"

"Huh?" I realize I'm still on the phone with my manager. "Sorry, I was, uh, plugging in my phone."

"You okay?"

"Uh-huh..." Lies.

"Okay, well that's all. Have fun and get some rest. You sound tired."

I nod. "Yeah, thanks, Mike. Talk to you later."

I hang up and go to actually plug in my phone. I bump, literally, into Johnny.

"Woah, sorry."

"Mhm..." I say absentmindedly.

"Carson, what's up? Are you okay?" Johnny says, grabbing my arm in concern.

"Nope."

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
A/N: I hate this chapter bye