×three×

carson's pov

"Geez, John, why are you calling me now?" I hold my phone to my ear with my shoulder and shove my books into my locker with my other arm. Johnny Orlando is one of my best friends, but I don't like talking to him ALL the time... "It's in the middle of the school day."

"Sorry. Carson, I need your help."

"Okay, what is it?"

"So Kenzie's coming over to our house the day before her birthday, which is in three weeks. I wanna throw her a surprise birthday party."

"Aww, how sweet." I tease.

"Stoppp. Really, can you come over to our apartment later today and help me arrange it?"

I roll my eyes. "Why are you asking me? Ask one of her friends, like Lauren or something."

"Someone." He corrects.

"Oh my gosh, you're just like Jayden's friend. She was correcting my grammar."

"Good for her. That's why your parents keep you in school, cuz you still can't do basic grammar."

I slam my locker shut. "Cool, I'm not helping you with your party."

"Nooooo," Johnny whines. "Finefinefine, you have great grammar. Pleeeease help me." I laugh.

A group of fangirls starts walking over to me with their phones. Great. "Uh, Johnny, I gotta go. I'll help you in a bit, but I've got the Rock Your Hair concert coming up. After that, I'll help you."

"When's that?"

"Two days. Aren't you coming?"

He laughs. "Oh, yeah, I forgot. Ok, see you then. Thanks, bro."

"No problem." No sooner had I put down my phone, then the girls screamed.

"CARSON!!"

Great. Yay. I mean, I love fans, but fans who pretend they're my friends or they're famous because they go to my school is insufferable.

"Hey girls!" I smile as best I can.

"Do you remember my name?" One of them, with red hair and striking green eyes asks.

"...uhh...no, sorry."

She looks so disappointed. "I'm Gracie. I was your lab partner last year for that one week."

"R-right. I remember..." Not really, but for the sake of them, I do.

"Good!" She squeals. "I love you!!!"

My ears hurt. "I love you too. Sorry, I gotta run to class."

"Next period doesn't start till 2:15," one of the other girls tells me matter-of-factly.

"O-oh, right." To my great joy, I see Bryana, Jayden's quiet best friend walking in this direction with her head down. "Sorry, gotta talk to my...uh, friend."

I pick up my backpack with the speed of The Flash and run over to her.

"HI!"

Bry looks up and looks suprised. "Oh, hey."

I've never loved anyone so much in that moment. Finally, a girl who doesn't scream and try to hug me all over.

"How are you?" I pull her arm and drag her down another hallway.

"Uhh, good...? Why did you bring me here?"

"Sorry," I put my hands on my knees to catch a breath. "I was trying to escape the fangirls."

"O-h!" She laughs. "I was so confused."

"Yeah. You're my savior." I give her a spontaneous hug, and she smiles awkwardly.

"So...are you coming to the concert on Saturday?"

Bry looks startled. "U-u-uh, I don't know. I don't think so. I have a-I have to study for the Chemistry test."

I laugh. "Stop being a nerd for just a couple of hours. C'mon, I can get you VIP tickets."

"Oh. That's really sweet of you. But I really can't. Thanks, though, and I'll miss going. I'm sure you - you guys will do very well." She smiles at me and hugs her books closer.

"Aww. Okay, I guess I get it....I mean, I don't...buuuuuut...."

She laughs. "I know, I get it. Not everyone is as dedicated to acedemics as I am."

"Hey! I'm dedicated!" I protest good naturedly.

Rolling her eyes, Bryana laughs again, and this time, I join her.

brynn's pov

Maybe Carson isn't the stuck up kid I thought he was. But then again, he was only talking to me because he was trying to escape the ruthless fangirls. Still, he's a really fun person to be around.

"Here," Carson says, picking up his backpack again, "I'll walk you to your next class."

I laugh. "We're in the same class. English, remember?"

"What?? I've never noticed you." Carson looks embarrassed.

"It's fine. Most people don't."

×××

"Hi, honey, how was your solo rehearsal?" Mom asks when I get home.

I collapse on the counter stool and lie down on the island. "Mmmm...."

"Hungry?" Opening up the oven, she pulls out a ready made plate of dinner from when the rest of my family had eaten.

"Augh..." I mumble, sitting up, "Thank youuu."

"How was school?"

My mind flashes back to when I was talking to Carson. "Great. Fun."

"That's what I like to hear. You really need more friends."

"I don't!" I protest, stabbing my fork into the salad. "I'm fine. I've got Jayden, and Gabby, and Saryna, and Connor, and....Carson....?"

Mom sits down on the stool across from me. "Those are all dancers. Stretch and Grow, Brynny."

"I stretch pretty well, mom," I say, and tired as I am, grab my leg in a leg hold to demonstrate. "And, I'm pretty tall too."

"Who's Carson?"

"Oh..." I almost dropped my fork. "Uhhh, one of Jayden's friends. He's not really my friend. He doesn't know I'm a dancer....I mean, no one besides my dance friends know I am."

"Oh. Is he nice?"

"Very."

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-