×twenty-four×

peep the title change XD

connor's pov

"Jayden!" I pick up my my backpack and hurry after her, shoving through the rest of the kids trying to file out of the classroom. "Jayden!"

"What?" Jayden keeps walking away, and I have to grab her shoulder and turn her around to face me.

I look at her, and she looks away. "Why are you running away from me?"

"I'm not." She shrugs and keeps looking down and fiddling with her backpack straps.

"Jayden..."

Jayden rolls her eyes.

"You said we could talk after class." I put my arm around her and we walk down the hallway. Jayden still doesn't say anything, so we lapse into an awkward silence.

"Why did you run away from me at the dance?" I finally attempt.

"I didn't know what to say, Connor." Jayden sighs and turns to face me. "I didn't know if I liked you."

"Didn't?"

Blushing, Jayden looks away. "Yeah."

I clear my throat. "So you do now?"

She cocks her head towards her locker. "Let's talk outside after we unpack."

"Sure."

Finally, we're sitting outside on a bench, waiting for Jayden's mom to come. Personally, I hope she doesn't come right away.

"So..." Jayden starts. "I've been thinking...every relationship starts with a friendship. You've been my best friend ever since I could remember. Dating someone, or marrying them is like getting to be best friends forever."

She pauses, as if she's scared to go on. I nod to let her know I'm following.

"It'll be harder to be best friends if I'm dating someone else. I don't ever want to lose our friendship. So..." Pausing, Jayden looks down, and then back up at me. "I think I do like you. A lot. But I don't want to risk ruining our friendship yet. So in the future, I'd love to be your girlfriend."

A smile spreads across my face. "Sounds good."

I pull her into a hug, and hold her tightly.

"Hey, guys..."

Pulling apart, Jayden and I look over to see her mom, looking out the car window. "I was wondering how long it would take for you guys to notice me..."

Jayden and I look at each other and laugh. Then, I take her hand and we run to the car.

brynn's pov

"Brynn..."

I come off the stage, panting, and take a long drink of water. Then I look up at Bostyn.

"Yeah? How did I do?" I just did my recompete for Teen Female Best Dancer, one of three people to reach that stage.

Bostyn nods. "You did well. I'm proud of you. But, um, your phone has been blowing up." She hands me my phone, which I gave her before I went onstage for safekeeping.

Taking it, I scroll through my notifications. Lots of texts, Instagram DMs, snapchats, and everything.

Carson has tried to call me, too, several times. I'm just going to ignore him. I have no idea what I'm going to say later when I see him at school.

"Still freaking out about your big reveal?" Jaycee asks, coming up behind me. She gives me a hug. "You did so well, I'm so proud of you."

"Thanks." I smile. "And yeah, they are. Everyone who has my number from school is trying to talk to me."

"What are you going to say?"

"Very good question. Probably just ignore them."

My phone rings again, though luckily on silent. It's my manager.

I quickly tell my friends I'll be back and quickly leave backstage to the back hallway.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Brynn, do you think you can background dance for a concert right when you get back?"

"Uh, sure. When?" I put my phone and speaker and switch apps to check my calendar.

"Saturday at 7. Rehearsal would be at 1 or something to learn the dance. I'll text you the details later."

"Looks good on the calendar. Thanks."

Once I hang up, I check my texts. Alisster texted me, though I'm not sure how she got my number

1-283-793-7734

hey brynnyboo how's your competition going ?

i think you got the wrong number
i don't talk to stupid people

Then I texted Kenzie.

kenziii😘

wtf the article...how did that get out??
congrats on getting recompete babe ❤️

dude carson has been freaking out about you

sorry just saw this now
ty xx😘
omg what has he been saying???

he was so mad at all of us bc we all knew and we didn't tell him 😬

what else did he say?

not much
i mean he's been pretty distracted all day
tour ends tmrw tho

yea but i have no idea what im gonna say to him when i see him 😬

you'll figure it out b 😘
dw carson loves you ;)

ok lmao
ily

Shutting off my phone, I sit down onto the hallway floor. I'm praying he'll forgive me.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
A/N: boring chapter ik. Anyways, I don't rlly read too many Jenzie fanfics so comment some recommendations :p