×five×

a/n: pov's change a lot in this chapter so be aware and also I'm so freaking sorry about not updating :/

brynn's pov

"So please welcome Miss Jayden B up to the stage!"

Jayden storms onto the stage with typical 80's swag and the music starts. It's a goofy routine, with a goofy costume, but Jayden pulls it off well, and it ends up very cute and clean.

"WOOO! GO JAYDEN!!!" I scream at the top of my lungs when she's done, and she grins and blows a kiss at me.

Then everyone from the program comes out and they all sing and dance to Dancing on the Ceiling. I had been instructed by the people who gave me my lanyard to make my way over to the pink carpet as soon as the concert was almost over, so I nudged my way out of the crowd and make my way over to the Pink Carpet.

carson's pov

We're jamming out to Dancing on the Ceiling, laughing the whole time, and the fans are screaming when Annie runs forward to the front of the crowd and pulls a fan up onto the stage to dance with us. The crowd goes wild, and Hayden and Aliyah run up to do the same. My eyes dart around the front of the screaming mass of fans, looking for the girl I saw earlier. She's not there anymore. My heart sinks.

Annie comes up behind me, startling me. "Who are you looking for?" she shouts above the screaming of the fans and the loud music booming around us.

"Oh, uhh, no one."

She grins girlishly. "Then dance with me."

A smile spread across my face, and I take her hand and twirl her around. After doing a couple more steps together, Annie hugs me tightly, and the crowd screams.

brynn's pov

"JAYDEN!" I call over the pink carpet, and Jayden looks around and sees me from where she's standing with Annie. She waves, smiling brightly, and pulls Annie over to me.

"JAY, YOU KILLED IT! I'm so proud of you!"

Jayden hugs me tightly, and says, "Thanks! I really really wanted to pull you onstage during Dancing on the Ceiling, but you left."

"Yeah, sorry. They told me to come to the Pink Carpet so I could get interviewed."

"That's ok. Anyways, Annie, this is Brynn." Jayden grins, and Annie shakes hands with me and smiles. 

"It's great to finally meet you. Jayden's always talking about you. One of these days, I'll come to a dance class with you guys."

"Yes!! Please do. That would be so fun!"

Someone calls Annie, and she reluctantly hurries away, promising she'll come back. Once she leaves, I giggle and whisper to Jayden, "I think Carson recognized me."

She almost screams. "Really?!?"

"Yes! He kept staring at me the entire time he was onstage."

We're suddenly interrupted by Rush and Hayley, who are filming interviews and ask me and Jayden a couple of questions before moving on. Then Annie comes back with Mackenzie, one of my good friends from dance.

"Kenzie!!" I give her a big hug, and she says, "I'm so glad you could come! What was-"

She's interrupted by the arrival of Carson and Hayden.

carson's pov

The concert ends, but there are still more Pink Carpet photos to be taken, and interviews to be had. Hayden drags me off the stage, away from the fans, and over to the Pink Carpet.

That's when I see her again.

"Dude, who is that girl?" I nudge Hayden.

He's not paying attention. "Huh?"

It's my turn to pull Hayden over to where the girl's standing, with Jayden, Mackenzie, and Annie, probably taking pictures with them.

"Hey, guys!"

I step into the circle, and smile at them...I mean, more at the girl.

"What's your name?"

She looks at Jayden before looking at me and sticking out her hand. "Brynn."

"Nice to meet you. You look really familiar. Have you come to any of our other shows?"

Annie starts to say something, but Jayden laughs before she can say anything. "Don't you recognize her?"

"...no..." I'm really confused now. "Wait, you guys know each other?"

"From dance." Brynn quickly clarifies. "You've probably seen me in some of Jayden's instagram videos."

"OHHH! That makes so much more sense. I was so confused."

Brynn laughs. She really is gorgeous.

"Heyyy, what's your Instagram?" I ask, not so sneakily. Hayden shoots me a knowing look, which I ignore.

"Brynnrumfallo."

Something's familiar about that, but I'm not quite sure what, so I just look her up on Instagram and follow her. I notice she's followed by Kenzie, Jayden, Annie, Hayden, Connor, Saryna, and a ton of other people I know. How did I not know who she was? I look over at Hayden. "Wait, did you know Brynn before today?"

He shrugs. "Sorta. I know she's one of Jayden and Kenzie's best friends."

"Oh."

We're interrupted by a fangirl scream, and for the first time, it's not directed at me.

"Brynn!?! OMG! Oh-i-ma-sdf-adidfks-ahh..." Finally, she gets her words together. "...Can I take a picture with you?"

Brynn laughs, not in a condescending way. "Sure!"

After the girl leaves, following several hugs all around, Jayden turns to us. "My mom's wondering if you all wanna go out for dinner now. We're thinking maybe Dina's? We can-"

"YES!" We all interrupt her before she even finishes, and then laugh heartily.

-
-

-
-

-
-

-
-