×ten×

johnny's pov

"Carson, where ya at, bro?" I drum my fingers on the countertop impatiently.

"Sorry, man. I offered to pick up Brynn at her school cuz she said she was at school, but she just told me to pick her up at Jayden's house so it'll be a short detour."

I nod. "Oh, ok. But wait, I thought you guys go to the same school? Like Jayden and-" Lauren slaps me hard on the arm. "-ow! O-oh, never mind. See you later."

Slightly confused, Carson replies, "Yeah...uh-huh," then hangs up.

"Johnny!" Lauren says, glaring. She picks up a spool of ribbons and throws it at me. "They go to the same school, but Carson doesn't know it! Don't tell him."

"But why?" I insist.

"LAME. Just go with the flow, honey." Lauren rolls her eyes. "Let's get going. Mom's coming back with the food in a couple minutes."

carson's pov

"Hey, guys! Are you excited or what?" I ask, as Brynn and Jayden climb into the car.

"Yup!" Jayden chirps. Brynn grins and sits down in the passenger seat next to me.

"I hope it goes as planned."

I nod and start the car. "Me too. It should go well, though. You're a good planner."

Brynn blushes. "C'mon, I didn't do all of it. You helped."

Jayden snorts from the back seat. "Stop complementing each other. I already know you love each other."

"Jayden!!" Brynn protests. "Um, anyways..."

"How was school today?" I ask, desperately rescuing us from an awkward conversation.

"Good. What about you?" Brynn looks over at me, and I'm extremely tempted to look back at her, though I don't want to because I'm driving.

"Pretty good," I shrug. "There's this girl, Bry..."

"Do you like her?" Jayden interrupts.

"What??"

"Oh, nothing. You just talk to her a lot at school, and you saved her in the pool. You'd be cute." Jayden giggles, and I playfully roll my eyes at her.

"C'mon, I don't even talk to her often." #awkward...especially with Brynn right here. "I mean, she's cute and all, but she's really quiet and...yeah, nah."

"Ooh, I wanna meet her," Brynn says, and Jayden nods.

"You should! She's one of my best friends in the whole world."

"Um, anyways, as I was saying, this girl Bry, Jayden's friend, was trying to explain something in Chemistry to me cuz we're lab partners and I totally was NOT getting it. I hate science. I think I faked it well that I knew what she was talking about." I laugh, and Brynn laughs really hard, too. "What's your least favorite subject in school?"

"Um..." Brynn pauses, and then looks back at Jayden. "Science, too. What about you, Jay?"

"Definitely Math. I HATE it. It sucks. Bry's like the most nerdiest kid ever, but she's still super cute and fun and stuff...anyways, Bry helps me with my Math. You should ask her for help, Carson." Jayden pulls out her phone. "By the way," she chatters on, "Are you following Bry on Instagram?"

"Um," I turn down another street. "I don't know, probably not. I don't follow most of my school friends on Instagram."

"That is NOT true." Jayden insists, probably scrolling through my followers. "Look, you're following Evan, and Gabe, and Ben...oh, by the way, did you know Ben asked Bry out?"

"What?!?"

"Yeah! And she said no, so Alisster tried to drown her."

"Oh my gosh!" I shake my head. "Alisster...I can't believe that. Poor Bry. But why did she say no to Ben?"

"I don't know, you should ask her."

Brynn looks back at Jayden and they exchange a smile.

"What?" I look at Brynn and she shrugs.

"I really wanna meet this Bry sometime."

-
-
-
-
-
-
-