×twenty-six×

carson's pov

"Hey."

Brynn stiffens as I come closer. She forces a smile. "Hi."

Leaning on the wall next to water fountain, I look at her. She's as stunning as ever. Brynn takes another drink from the fountain and then looks up at me.

"I'm...sorry about the whole thing...you know..." She takes a shaky breath. "I wasn't trying to be deceptive or anything. I wanted to be normal. I could have told you. And I would have, because you're one of my really close friends."

I nod slowly. "I guess I understand."

"I'm really sorry, I am." Brynn looks deep into my eyes, and I'm suddenly I'm lost in them, just like every time.

"It all started out as something so I could life normally. I don't usually like attention, so Jayden and I decided when we got to highschool that I would be Bry. Then it started getting interesting when I met you. Everything changed, because you knew both "me's". I guess it sort of proved that you really did like me for who I was, and not because I was a famous kid who could get you clout."

I chuckle, and Brynn goes on.

"I was going to tell you eventually. But I didn't know how you felt about Brynn. I didn't know who you were talking about when you told me you liked someone else at the dance."

I frown at the memory. "I'm really sorry about that, by the way. I felt so bad. I didn't want to play with your feelings if I liked Brynn."

"I know. I appreciated that, I guess." She smiles. "Things got so complicated when you met real Brynn. Remember at the Orlando's? I said it was the second bad pool experience I'd had that day...the first was from Alisster."

My mouth drops open. "Wow. I mean, looking back, I keep remembering all these things and realizing how obvious it was who you were. I talked about you all the time to your face. Brynn, I mean. Little looks between you and Jayden or you and Kenzie or Lauren...I don't know how I didn't pick it up."

"It was really funny at first," Brynn grins. "But I still feel bad that I kept it back.

"It's okay." I smile. "But hey, it's not that bad on my end. I found out that the two girls I really liked and couldn't choose between were actually the same person. It makes life a lot easier." Brynn blushes.

"So...are we cool now?" She asks, folding her hands in front of her.

"No. There's one other thing I want to clear up."

I pull her in and kiss her, long and deep. When we pull apart, she puts her arms around my neck and hugs me hard.

"I missed you while I was gone. I couldn't stand the thought of you mad at me."

I kiss her forehead. "Me too."

She takes my hand. "We have to get back to the studio befire we get in trouble."

"Yeah," I chuckle, "Well, hey, I'm not tired at all anymore."

jayden's pov

"Annie!!" I aim my vlog camera at her. "You look so good!"

Annie grins. "Thanks, Jay. You look cute too."

I plop down on a chair backstage and watch Carson running his soundcheck. Brynn, Saryna, Jenna, and Nicole are his backup dancers. Brynn and Carson do a short little dance with their arms around each other's waists and I almost fangirl squealed.

Brynn had a short time in between rehearsal and soundcheck to tell me what happened with her and Carson. They're so cute, I can't.

"Ready for the concert tonight?"

"Uh, sure." Annie adjusts her sleeve cuffs on her shirt. "What happened with Brynn and Carson? I thought he was really mad at her."

"They resolved it." I grin and say to the vlog camera, "They're so cute. Comment #bryson if you ship them as much as me. Oh, probably no one can cuz I'm their biggest fan."

"Oh." Annie looks back at them.

"What?"

Annie shrugs nonchalantly. "Nothing."

Austin comes up behind her quietly and gives her a surprise hug.

"Wha-Austin!" Annie's smile widens and she throws her arms around him. "How are you?"

I laugh. I hope she's not too upset about Carson and Brynn. I'm sure she'll get over it.

"Heyyyyy," Connor says, coming up next to me. "How are you?"

"Better, because you're here." I kiss his cheek and whisper in his ear, "And because Brynn and Carson made up."

"They made out?"

I laugh. "Well, probably. They made up."

"Aw, that's cute." Connor grins. "I predicted it."

"No, you did not," I say indignantly, "I did."

"Doubtful."

Connor ducks to avoid my playful slap. I can't help but laugh and pull him in for a hug.

"Hey, guys, we're gonna take a pre-concert picture. Let's all gather around." Brooke's mom calls us over as Carson finishes his soundcheck. We all go over and pose for the picture.

"Let's all have an amazing concert and good luck!!"

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

a/n: when you're lowkey struggling with how to end a chapter oops // guys this book is amost over can you believe it 🤧