×twelve×

brynn's pov

"That was so much fun yesterday." I remark to Jayden, as we're walking to class together. 

Jayden nods vigorously. "Yeah, I bet you had fun. I could tell. You and Carson..."

My mouth drops open. "What do you mean??"

"What do you mean?" She mimicks me. "I saw you guys." Winking at me, she sticks out her tongue and says, "Bryson."

"Huh? What are y'all talking about?" Carson comes up behind Jayden, and she jumps.

"He-eyyyy...I was just telling Bry about the party last night and how you and Brynn were having so much fun." Jayden smirks.

He shrugs. "Yeah...Brynn's a doll."

"You're so into her." Secretly smiling at me, Jayden turns to Carson and says, "I think we all can tell. Why don't you just tell her yourself?"

I elbow Jayden hard. Carson luckily doesn't seem to notice. I feel bad 'spying' on Carson like this, sort of, but in a way, I don't mind.

Carson shrugs again. "I guess..."

"Anyways," Jayden goes on, "Can you believe it? Jenzie is FINALLY real."

"WHAT??"

Jayden turns around, startled, to see a group of fans. "Hi, guys!"

"DID YOU SAY JENZIE IS REAL??"

"No, you heard wrong." Jayden says, her face not changing.

"No, you said, Jenzie is finally real."

Jayden shakes her head. "Please, guys." Then she takes my hand and pulls me away, Carson following quickly behind.

"Geeeeeeez," she says, once we finally lose the fans, "I hate school."

"Same, tho." Carson runs his fingers through his hair.

I laugh, but suddenly, our attention is diverted to the bulletin board, where several kids are crowded around. "What's going on?"

We push through the crowd to try to get to the front, so we can see the announcement that's causing such a crowd.

"It's a Sadie Hawkins dance!" Jayden exclaims!

"What's that?" asks a girl next to her.

"That's where the girl asks the guy out, instead of vice versa," Jayden explains. Then she turns to me. "That's so exciting! Check your calendar and make sure you can go."

We all do, and luckily, that's the week after the TDAs, so I can still go to both.
I almost said that out loud, but luckily, I didn't.

"Heyy, that's the week before I leave for the Europe Young Stars tour!" Carson notes. "So I think I can come."

"...if you get a date," Jayden teases. "I'm sure none of the fangirls here are you to try and ask you," she adds sarcastically.

Rolling his eyes, Carson nods. "Yuppp. I'd better prepare myself for the requests that are about to come pouring in."

Who am I going to ask? I wonder. I'm sure Jayden would tell me to ask Carson, but he only likes Brynn. He really wouldn't be interested in ol' Bry...would he?

jayden's pov

"Hey, guys," I say to my vlog camera, recording my weekly vlog, as usual, "So I got out of school, and I'm going home to change, and then I'm going to dance."

Brynn, next to me, waves to the camera.

"Oh, yeah, and I'm here with Brynn." We both giggle.

Suddenly, Brynn says, "JAYDEN!"

"What??"

She pulls off her glasses and puts up her hair. "Record that again. If any of your friends see that, they'll know it's me."

"O-oh!" My eyes widen. "Sorry."

Once Brynn's ready, I pull out my camera again and say the whole thing again. Then I put my camera away. Mom tosses us granola bars, and we munch and laugh talking about different things.

"So..." I finally ask, "Who are you going to ask to the dance?"

"UGH." Brynn goans. "I knew you were going to ask me that."

I giggle. "So..."

"I don't know."

"What do you mean??" I scold. "You're going to ask Carson."

"Nuh-uh."

"Just ask him." I insist.

"But...he's Carson, and I'm just...me."

I shrug.

"Are you going to make me?"

Grinning, I reply, "I don't think I'll have to."

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-