A Rough Beginning

*6 years ago*

Lauren's POV

"Honey, are you sure we're going the right way?", Clara asked her husband Mike worriedly.

"Of course we are. I know the way there like the back of my hand.", Mike told his wife reassuringly.

"That's what you said last time and we ended up almost falling off a cliff. What makes you think I'm going to believe this time is different?", Chris blurted out.

"Chris! You said you would give dad another chance.", Taylor shrieked.

Chris rolled his eyes and leaned his head against the window. Staring blankly outside, watching the world pass by.

"C'mon guys! What don't we play a game to help pass time?", I suggested. My mom nodded in agreement with me.

"Car games are for babies.", my brother complained.

"Ugh Chris lighten up will you? Geez you're always so stuck up.", I growled at him, giving him an ugly look.

"Shut up Lauren! Stop thinking you're so mature just because you're the eldest! You're more childish then the rest of us!", Chris barked.

"Are you kidding me? All I'm trying to do is pass time. Trust me I don't want to be in this damn car anymore than you do! God you always take things so hard up the butt!", I yelled at Chris, smacking him in the back of his head.

"Ow! Mom Lauren hit me!", Chris tattled.

"Lauren don't hit your brother!", my mom scolded me.

"He deserved it!", I defended.

"Guys.", Taylor said quietly.

"Lauren Michelle don't ever hit your brother! You know better!", My dad turned to look at me, taking his eyes off the road.

"Well tell your son to stop being such a stuck up!", I shouted at my dad.

"Fuck you!", Chris growled and slapped me across the face, leaving a large red mark on my cheek.

"Chris! Don't ever say that word again!", My dad shouted angrily at Chris.

"Guys!", Taylor said a little louder.

"Christopher! How dare you have the nerve to slap your sister! Just you wait till we get off this car!", Clara yelled disappointed.

The large family argument broke loose. Each and every one of us yelling at someone throughout the whole time. We ignored the sound of car horns that blared.

"GUYS!", Taylor shouted loudly.

We turned our attention to the youngest of siblings. Her face looked terrified and we saw her pointing to the large mirror in the front of the car.

My mom and dad turned around quickly and saw a large eighteen wheeler heading right towards us.
We must've swerved to the wrong lane while we argued.

"MIKE!", my mom screamed panicked.

It was too late.

Our car got smashed by the larger vehicle. I blacked out when my head collided with the back of my dad's seat.

I don't know what happened during the collision. Until I regained my consciousness. I found myself laying face down on my stomach on the hard  road. I was bleeding everywhere and my head was pounding. The light from the sun blinded me. I looked around for something familiar. My heart dropped when I saw the family car, it was upside down, all the mirrors were shattered, and I could hear faint sirens.