An Unhappy Visit

Lauren's POV
*few hours later*

"Lauren? C'mon wake up.", a fuzzy noise rose.

I felt my body being shaked as a hand was placed on my shoulder. My heavy eye lids opening slowly as I let reality kick in again. My head kinda hurt a bit.

"C'mon Lauren. It's time.", I heard Ty's voice.

I shot my eyes open and slowly sat up. I rubbed my temples to ease the ache of my head. I stretched out my limbs to get awake and working. The doziness of my former state starting to wear off.

"What time is it?", I asked. My voice raspy.

"2:40. I wanted to wake you up before it was 3 so you'd have time to get over to the institution.", Ty said.

"Where are my siblings?", I asked.

"Upstairs. Your brother was playing games and I woke your sister up as well. They're getting ready to leave. Which you should too.", Ty explained then pointed at me.

"Thanks for looking after them Ty. I really appreciate it.", I smiled.

"Anytime L. I'm just glad you got some rest. You needed it.", Ty remarked.

"Well you're not lying there.", I chuckled.

We sat there in silence as I waited for my siblings to get down so we can head out. I fixed my hair and I put on my shoes. I caught Ty staring at me, I looked at him confused.

"What?", I asked.

"Nothing.", Ty said. He kept staring.

"Uh no... why do you keep looking at me like that?", I pushed for him to answer.

"You don't remember do you?", Ty asked me.

"Remember what?", I asked confused.

"What you did before you fell asleep. You kissed me.", Ty reminded me.

My eyes widened and I felt my cheeks starting to blush. I looked down to the floor, remaining silent, playing with my feet distractedly. Ty got up from where he was sitting and moved closet to me. I didn't make eye contact with him when he sat right next to me. As I grew more nervous, my scars my back started to ache a bit.

I felt my hand being grabbed. I looked up at Ty. He smiled at me. I smiled back.

"Geez Lauren relax. I can see you shaking. ", Ty said.

I shrugged in response.

"I guess I'm just cold.", I pointed out.

"Cold? In Miami? In the middle of summer? Doubt it.", Ty waved his hand dismissively.

"Hey it could happen.", I defended.

"Maybe. But not here Lauren. This house is to goddamn hot in here.", Ty remarked.

"Eh. I've learned to live with it.", I shrugged.

"So anyway... the kiss?", Ty said. Returning back to the previous topic.

"What about it?", I asked.

"Did it... I don't know... mean something?", Ty asked hesitantly.

"I don't know. Maybe?", I questioned.

I looked back down to the floor, thinking if the kiss did mean something. I felt Ty's hand under my chin and I looked up to him. Meeting his eyes.

"Do you want it to mean something L? ", Ty asked seriously.

I thought about it. Was this what I wanted?

"We can take things slow. You know, while you're deciding.", Ty added.