Protect Her

Camila's POV

"Dinah?", I called the Polynesian.

"Yes Mila?", Dinah replied.

"Does Lauren still like me?", I asked shyly.

Dinah looked up from her papers that she was filling out to approve my feminine examination today. She gave me a confused look and snickered.

"Of course she does. Why wouldn't she?", Dinah said.

"Well it's been awhile since I've seen her and I... um.... miss her.", I blushed.

Dinah clicked her pen close. She lowered her glasses off her face and set them down on the table. She got up, fixing her white coat, and trotted her way towards me. She sat next to me on the bed.

"Camila. We've talked about this. Normani gave her orders not to come to the institution.", Dinah re informed me.

"Yeah, but why? Is it because of me? Is something wrong with me? Could I get her sick too? Is she ok? Am I ok?", I started asking all these questions in panic.

"Woah Camila. Calm down. Breathe. It has nothing to do with you I promise. There's been some news that's popped up for Lauren and scary man two doors down.", Dinah cooed me down.

"What happened? Did he do something to her?", I asked worriedly.

"No she's ok, but they're expecting to have a meet up if he improves enough.", Dinah sighed.

"Him? Improving? Not a chance.", I scoffed.

"In all honesty Mila he's been doing just fine lately. He's improving very very very slowly, but it's something and it's all about baby steps.", Dinah said.

How can someone who literally wants to destroy everything and has the murderous glare in his eye ever improve? The man two doors down is truly something else. Never have I've seen a patient so psychotic. Never have I've seen such behavior. I've grown quite familiar on mood, body language, and different state of minds. By the look of him... all he seems to think about is fighting. Not even giving anyone a chance to help him.

He doesn't seem like someone who has trust issues. Either he doesn't like people or something is seriously wrong with him. My vote is the second option though. What worries me is that Lauren is gonna do a meet up with him if he gets somewhat better. I can't let her do that. Not after seeing the rage, pain, and frustration he has engraved mercilessly in her skin. The scars, the wounds, and the bruises. It was unbearable to see.

She already has so many too. I don't wanna see anymore on her. I don't think her body can take so much anymore. Ever since she left the night she stayed in my room I did more research on abuse, the impact, the statistics, and what it all can really end too. What I've read that when a person looks drained, tired, miserable, and looks to be at point where scars or he/she's body can no longer heal on it's own. The energy the body takes from other organs start to back fire in either to help the wounds heal. Which make someone very sick.

I hardly ever see Lauren so I can't tell if she's drained, tired, or miserable. Everytime she's with me she's happy so I guess that's something right? But the scars on her are everywhere. Whips are no fucking joke man. They're all over her back, some on her face, both her arms, her chest, legs, and her neck. I know she's suffered many years of abuse. She's even said that some wounds won't heal no more. It worries me.

And to what it looks like Lauren is the only one that ends up with the whip marks. Not once has Lauren mentioned that her siblings don't have signs of abuse. Sure she's mentioned that they get threaten or taken advantage of, but nothing physical.

"Dinah we can't let her speak to him.", I said boldly.

"Why? It's not exactly our decision here Mila.", Dinah pointed out.

"Doesn't matter. I can't let her go in that room with that psychotic man. Not after everything he's made her suffer. Have you seen her scars Dinah? They're horrible!", I exclaimed.

"I've gotten a glimpse of what Mike has done, but it has to be done Camila. It's protocol. Every patient when they feel up to it or feel somewhat like themselves that they must have a meeting with loved one.", Dinah said.

"You've only gotten a glimpse Dinah. I've seen every bit of them. Some were even made months ago before he was put in here and they still haven't healed. I'd like you to know that I've done my research and the toll that this could be taking on Lauren's body is terrible. She could get extremely sick Dinah! And you're just gonna let her in a room BY HERSELF with that man?! No I won't let you! I won't let her go in there!", I shouted.

I felt the sting in my eyes as tears began to form.

I was scared. Scared of what could happen. Scared for what this all could lead to. I was scared for Lauren. I don't want her to return back into a life of abuse after only getting a few months of relief from her "father's" menacing clutches. I want her to be happy.

The tears began to fall. I cried softly into my hands. The panic and anxiety now getting the best of me. I felt Dinah wrap her arms and pulled me I to her side in a comforting way. I continued to cry. Letting my fear tear itself away.

"Camila it's gonna be ok. I know Lauren has told her some things about her past. How horrible it has been with Mike. We're aware of what's happened too. We're not just gonna shove her in a room with him and expect them to be ok and work things out with no problems. We're not stupid. We have a room that's built for this. It's sorta like a police station where there's two sides to the room. Mike would be on one side and Lauren would be on the other. To shield them off they'll have a glass wall. They'll communicate with telephones that are hooked into the wall. She won't be alone. We'll have security watching both of them and make sure things don't get out of hand. We'll be observing from a black out room up top. We won't hear what they're saying because of privacy, but we'll be keeping a close eye on both of they're moods. It's super safe and no one will get hurt. You don't have to worry Camila.", Dinah explained how everything worked. She tried her best to reassure me that I didn't have to worry about the green eyed girl.

I wiped a few tears from my eyes and cheeks. Taking deep, soothing breathes to recollect my shaky breathing. I looked back up to Dinah. Her figure a little blurry still from the tears.

"You promise she won't get hurt?", I said, holding my pinky up.

"I promise Camila. As long as Lauren is in your life and treats you right. I swear to my grave that I will protect her from any harm of Mike. Normani can help with that too.", Dinah smiled as she locked her pinky finger with mine.

"I like her Dinah....a lot.", I mumbled.

"I know you do Mila. She likes you a lot too. You'll see her again soon. I'll make sure of that.", Dinah said happily.

She placed a light kiss on my head and got up from the bed, retrieving the papers she filled out. Puts them in her folder and heads towards the door.
She titled her head as sign to follow. I sighed and got up from my bed to follow Dinah.

I still felt an uneasy churn in my stomach. As much as I tried to mentally chill myself out with the words and information Dinah has given me I can't help, but still be shaken up by the whole thing.

I ponder of what the green eyed girl is feeling about it all. This must be a big change or thing to happen.

No matter what though.

I wanna be beside her no matter the cause of what goes down the of the meet up.