Happy Times

Camila's POV

I blinked my eyes a few times, letting the light settle in my pupils. I no longer felt the body that was laying next to me. Was it a dream?

I sat up on my bed. My body feels sore, but good at the same time. It's kinda like when you're playing a sport you love and the soreness you feel is wonderful. That's sort of what I feel like. Except it wasn't much of an exercise. I think?

I released I wasn't wearing any clothes and I saw them scattered everywhere on the floor. I looked towards my table, seeing my cube and a note, I slowly got up from my bed and walked over to my table.

I tilted my head curiously at the note. I grabbed it and in the front it said "To Camz" I smiled at the nickname that Lauren gave me. It was different then Dinah's several nicknames for me. I liked Lauren's better.

I opened up the note.

Hey sleepy head.
Sorry I wasn't there when you woke up, I had to head home and scavenge some dinner up for my siblings.
I hope you had a good rest.
You know... you're fucking adorable when you're asleep.
Anyhow I'll stop by very soon to see you again.
I love you Camz.

x Lauren.

I felt the butterflies in my stomach flutter and the beating in my heart just burst. I fucking love this girl. She's so amazing, sweet, humorous, strong, confident, and arrogant it honestly surprises me that she chose me to love besides some other girl or guy that must be way more prettier or more handsome than me.

Then again I realize how much we really have in common. We both come from a dark past and we're still living it. We both basically grew up with no parents. We've learned to survive this far. We both love each other. We both understand each other. We survive together.

I don't think I've ever felt so lucky in my life.

I placed the note down and gathered my clothes from the floor. I put them in the dirty laundry basket, went to my drawer, and picked out a Snoopy long sleeve shirt with black basketball shorts. I grabbed my cube and messed with the different sides. I went to my restroom and pulled my hair back into a ponytail.

A knock came through, I figured it was Dinah, I went over and opened it up. Sure enough it was the beautiful Polynesian women.

"Hey Dinah.", I greeted happily.

"Hey Mila. What's got you in a good mood?", Dinah chuckled.

"Take a wild guess.", I grinned.

"Ok. Hmm. It wouldn't happen to be because of a certain green eyed girl?", Dinah asked.

I playfully pondered her suggestion " Hmm perhaps.", I smiled

"Oh now I know it is.", Dinah said. " You know y'all are too cute dammit. How are y'all not together yet?", she asked.

I shrugged "We have never really spoken about it. We're just in the moment I guess.", I said.

"Bullshit y'all need to get together already. I swear if camren don't happen I will literally be the worst captain ever.", Dinah grumbled.

"What's a camren?", I questioned.

"Camila + Lauren = Camren cmon Mila you're smarter than this.", Dinah teased.

"You seriously made up a ship name for us? And you claimed yourself as the captain?", I said.

"Yes and yes. Normani is co-captain.", Dinah smirked.

"You're unbelievable.", I playfully scoffed.

"You know you love me.", Dinah cooed.

"I like you Dinah, but I love Lauren.", I smirked.