The Talk pt. 2

Camila's POV

I felt nervous. An aching nervous.
I didn't know what to do.
What if Dinah lied?
What if she was doing something horrible to Lauren?
What if I can't see Lauren again?

I was panicking. I haven't done that in so long.

I folded into myself in a corner, mindlessly fidgeting with my hair, while rocking back and forth on my butt. Tear trickled down my face as I silently weeped. I wanted Lauren. She made me feel better.

It's been a lot of minutes since I let Dinah take Lauren to go talk. A lot of minutes I could've spent wrapped in the green eyed girls arms.

What was happening? Was she ok? Am I ok?

I continued to stay in the corner and just stare at my door. Waiting for someone to walk in.

Eventually I heard the knob of the door being worked on and I could see the light in the hallway slightly invade my room. Dinah had walked in.

She had a worried expression on her face as she quickly locked the door and made her way towards me.

"Chancho? Are you ok?", Dinah asked.

"L-Lauren?", I asked quietly.

"She's ok. She went home.", Dinah reassured.

"D-did you do s-something to her?", I asked.

"No. I told you she wasn't in trouble. I just wanted to talk to her.", Dinah reminded me.

"Why?", I questioned.

"I just wanted to see her. Get to know her. You were right though Camila, she's very sweet.", Dinah smiled brightly.

"You're not mad that her and I were holding each other and touching lips?", I asked curiously.

"No. I actually found it very cute.", Dinah said happily.

Cute?

"What do you mean by cute?", I asked.

"It's like when you see a puppy. You think it's cute. Remember when you saw that baby Pomeranian?", Dinah asked me.

"Oh yeah! It was so adorable!", I squealed.

"Well 'adorable' is another word for cute.", Dinah pointed.

Oh ok. I got to remember that.

I wiped the tears that still remained on my cheeks. I stopped rocking as I felt my nerves die down. I looked at Dinah who seemed to have something on her mind. I wonder what is was?

After a few moments of silence Dinah finally spoke up.

"Hey Mila?", Dinah started.

"Yeah?", I looked up to her.

"I think it's time for our talk now.", Dinah said.

"It's my turn?", I asked. Knowing that Dinah wanted to talk to me after Lauren.

Dinah nodded and got up from the floor to sit on one of the chairs at my table. I got up from the corner to go sit in the bed. I got comfortable, I grabbed my worn out stuffed teddy bear that a "loved one" had given me when I was little. I met eyes with Dinah, ready to hear what she had to tell me.

"So Camila. Do you know anything about the LGBTQ+ community?", Dinah asked me.

"LGBT what?", I asked confused.

"You see Camila. There are different communities in the this world. The LGBTQ+ community is one of them. Basically it's made of up people who love different people. People just like them. People of the same gender. Now it doesn't just only revolve around that it also revolves around people with different body parts that don't really go with what they look like. They are called Transgender. Sometimes a boy wants to be a girl or a girl wants to be a boy. They want to physically change the way they look. Sometimes they even change their body parts. And nothing is wrong with that at all. Then there are people who are queer. Which basically means that there indecisive of what they "label" themselves as, but are curious on what it's like to date the same gender. Or to perhaps stay queer and maybe not love at all, which is also totally fine. Then the '+' at the end is just for those who aren't mentioned commonly. Like unisex people, pansexual, etc.", Dinah explained the best she could about this new community I never heard of.