No Peace For Me

*The Next Day*

Lauren's POV

"Hey mom. I brought these flowers for you. Just something to add a bit of color to.", I placed the multi colored roses on top of my mother's grave.

I usually do daily visits to her grave. While Taylor is in school of course, cause I don't trust her home alone with Mike. I don't go to a public school anymore. I take my classes online, it's easier for me since I get to be home and handle whatever hell throws at me.

"So... dad tried to do it again yesterday. He gave me this scar over my eye. It doesn't hurt anymore, but it doesn't look cute.", I talked to her.

"Chris came back home high late last night. As per usual. No one knows where the hell he is these days. I honestly don't really care anymore.", I admitted.

"Taylor is doing the best she can. The incident with me and Mike really scared the crap out of her yesterday though. But school wise she's been great. An all "A" student. Just like you raised her.", I chuckled.

"As for me... I'm tired. Really tired. I'm tired of waking up every morning to face Mr.Drunk everyday. Always abusing me, always threatening to hurt Taylor, always complaining, always drinking, it's like nothing ever satisfies him. I've tried to run away from him before. That just ended up with wip scars on my back. So I've kinda just stayed put.", I felt tears run down my face.

"Nothing is the same anymore.", I said quietly.

"I really miss you mom. I miss you so goddamn much. Taylor does too. I promise to bring her one day to visit.", I promised.

"I'm really trying mom. I'm really trying to fight and stay strong. For the sake of Taylor. For the sake of me.", I admitted. Tears falling quicker.

"I l-love you.", my voice cracking.

I got up and sat next to my mother's gravestone, leaning on the gray stone. I sat there and cried for awhile. I took out a picture I had of my mom, kissed it, and placed it in front of her stone. So everyone who passes by can see how beautiful she really was.

I got up from where I sat and waved goodbye to my mother for now.

I headed back to my vehicle that was parked not to far away from my mom's resting place. My phone started to buzz, it was Chris, I picked up.

(L-Lauren C-Chris)

L-Hello?
C-Lauren! You have to get home now!
L-What's going on?
C-Dad is having one of those rampages again. He's destroying everything in the house. I've tried to stop him, but he's got a damn knife on him.
L-Jesus Christ... ok I'm on my way! Where's Taylor?
C-She's fine I have her with me.
L-Ok hang on I'm on my way!
C-Hurry!

I quickly got into the car. Putting the keys in and the car roared to life. I sped away from the cemetery. Praying to the Lord that Mike hasn't done anything to stupid and didn't do anything to my siblings.

I arrived home and I jumped out of my car in a heartbeat. I rushed through the door. I saw the living room and kitchen was completely ripped up. Broken glass, broken plates and bowls, the sofa was ripped up, the flat screen was shattered, and the bookcase was tipped over leaving the books scattered with their pages spread out everywhere.

"Chris?! Taylor?!", I called out.

"We're upstairs Lauren!", Chris yelled back.

I rushed my way up the flight of stairs. I reached the top and looked around to see which room they we're in. I heard Taylor scream, my heart dropped, I rushed my way to Mike's room.