Seizures Greetings

*few days later*

Lauren's POV

"Do you think dad is ever coming back home?", I heard Chris ask.

"Why do you care?", I asked him.

"Lauren you know why I care.", Chris said sympathetically.

"Why so you can go off and do drugs again with your homies?", I snapped at him.

"No! I already told you I'm over it. Lauren we're still minors, we can't be living on our own.", Chris said.

"First of all, I'm 16, sure I'm still considered a "minor" but I'm old enough to know how to take care of myself.", I reminded him.

"Ok, but I'm 14 and Taylor is 7. I already know once you're 18 you'll leave. Which means Taylor and I will have to fend for ourselves. Hell we might even get put into an agency orphanage or something.", Chris claimed.

"What? You think I'll leave you guys just like that?", I asked disbelief.

"Well... yeah I mean you'll finally be able to live your life.", Chris said.

I went up to him and engulfed him into a hug. He tried to recuperate the gesture, but I winced in pain when he laid his hands on my back. The new slashes on my back still fresh and open. He immediately let go of me.

I smiled sadly at him and messed with his hair.

"There is no way in hell that I'm leaving you or Taylor. Not a chance. Not with Mike around.", I reassured him.

"Lauren?", Chris questioned using my name.

"Yeah?", I answered.

"Why don't you ever call dad... well dad?", Chris asked curiously.

"I stopped seeing him as my father ever since he changed. Ever since everything changed.", I responded sadly.

"I'm sorry for being an idiot before. You know, going off and doing bad things. It wasn't right of me.", Chris admitted.

I smiled at him.

"What made you change?", I asked.

"The attack. Dad was going absolutely insane! He trashed everything. He had so much rage in him. The look on Taylor's face, was unbearable to see. Instead of being home to help and protect. I was out doing crap I shouldn't be doing. I'm really sorry Lauren.", Chris said sadly.

"You don't know how much I'm glad to hear that buddy.", I smiled and placed a kiss on his forehead.

We remained in the living room for awhile. Just talking to each about things. I filled him in on everything he was oblivious to and all the things dad has done. He admitted some of his feelings on them and told me reasonings on why he went out and did what he did.

I explained to him about Mike's conditions. Mike was getting reviewed in a institution not to far away. It's the best one in Miami. I told him that he was going to have to have to prove he can change for the better. Of course the abuse will not be let go off, but that's for another time.

"Do you think he'll change?", Chris asked once I finished.

"I'm hoping so.", I said simply.

Chris was going to say something until we heard a loud thud upstairs.

"What was that?", Chris asked.

I got up from my place on the sofa. Chris following my actions. Since it was just him and I downstairs it could be Taylor.