seventeen

- taehyung's pov

"taehyung i've been writing something." jungkook said as he laid his head on my lap, shielding his eyes from the sun with his hand.

"yeah? what's it about?" i asked, closing my eyes and leaning my head back as i listened to jungkook.

"its about a boy. he's sixteen and he doesn't have many friends but—"

"so basically you when you were sixteen." i joked and jungkook scoffed. "you didn't know me when i was sixteen so shut up and listen to me." jungkook said and i chuckled.

"go on sweets." i said and jungkook hummed.

"he likes to take pictures and film everything so one day he's going through everything he's ever filmed and every picture he's ever taken and see's that there's a boy that appears in almost all the pictures. he spends half the book just looking for the guy and then at the end they finally meet and fall for each other."

i hummed. "i'd read it." i said and jungkook smiled. "you would?" he asked and i shook my head. "not really but i'm sure it'd be a good book." i said and jungkook huffed.

"i hate you so much." he mumbled and sat up, grabbing the picnic basket and going through it.

he was probably looking for the grapes.

"kook, they're on the left side." i said and jungkook opened the left side, grabbing the grapes like i expected.

"tae tell me your honest opinion on that, im serious about this stuff." jungkook said and i smiled. "i seriously think it'd be a good book." i said and jungkook sighed.

"what about this, two guys are in love but deny it because they're too afraid of losing each other. or at least one of them is too afraid to lose the other." jungkook said and i smiled. "that's really cute."

jungkook smiled and popped a grape into his mouth. "isn't it?" jungkook chuckled and i laid back on the blanket.

"jungkook do you love me?" i asked and jungkook hummed, raising one eyebrow slightly. "what do you mean by that?" jungkook asked and i sighed.

"like as a friend. do you love me like a friend?" i asked and jungkook nodded. "yeah, of course i do, you're like my best friend. i feel like we're even closer than that." jungkook said and i smiled.

"so does that mean when were on the phone we can say i love you before ending the call?" i asked and jungkook chuckled. "if you want to." jungkook said and i pulled out my phone.

i dialed jungkook's number and held the phone to my ear. jungkook giggled and picked up his phone, answering the call.

"hello." jungkook said and i smiled. "hi, i love you." i said and jungkook smiled. "i love you too."

i ended the call and squealed. "aw that's so cute." i said and jungkook laughed. "you're so weird." jungkook said and i hummed.

"so tae," jungkook started as he laid beside me. "about dinner with my dad... he wanted to know if you were free so we could all have dinner together." jungkook said and i shrugged.

"sure, when?" i asked and jungkook bit his lip. "tonight." jungkook mumbled and i sat up.

"what!?" i asked and jungkook sat up, facing me. "im sorry i just didn't know when to tell you and—"

"jungkook you are literally giving me a couple hours to prepare for an awkward ass dinner with your dad?" i asked and jungkook smiled sheepishly.

"its only awkward if you make it awkward..." jungkook mumbled and i groaned, leaning forward and resting my head on his shoulder.

"it'll be okay you poor baby." jungkook teased while running his hand up and down my back.

"if i do this you have to pay me back." i said and jungkook hummed. "what do you want?" he asked and i shrugged.

"i'll think about it."

jungkook sighed and i smiled, removing my head from his shoulder so i could face him.

"so what do i have to wear?" i asked and jungkook bit his lip. "the restaurant we're going to is kinda formal so just come to my house and we'll figure something out." jungkook said and i nodded.

"excuse me."

jungkook and i pulled away from each other to see a boy in a school uniform with a camera strapped around his neck.

"do you mind if i uh take your picture? im writing an article and i've been looking for a couple like you guys but its hard since gay couples aren't really common around here."

i smiled and looked at jungkook who was also smiling.

"sure what pose should we do?" i asked and the boy bit his lip. "could you kiss? i don't want to be weird i just want to get a message across with this." he said and jungkook nodded.

"its no problem. it's cool that you're writing an article. hope it does well." jungkook said and then turned to me.

i winked and jungkook blushed as i cupped his face in my hands, slowly connecting our lips.

the click of the camera sounded and then jungkook quickly pulled away, standing up to look at the picture.

"aw it's so cute. you've got a nice camera. it made taehyung look good even when he's ugly." jungkook said and i flicked his nose.

"says the boy who called me cute earlier." i said and jungkook rolled his eyes.

"the sun was blinding me, i couldn't really see." he said and i chuckled, ignoring him as i looked at the picture.

"wow it really does look cute. you think i can get a copy of this?" i asked and the boy nodded. "i can print it out really quick and give it to you." the boy said and i nodded.

"about how long will it take? we've got a dinner to attend." i chuckled as jungkook rolled his eyes again.

"ten minutes. i'll be right back." the boy said and ran away, holding onto his camera tightly.

jungkook sat down on the blanket and i followed suit, grabbing a strawberry and taking a small bite out of it.

"we really look like a couple." i hummed in amusement and jungkook smiled, blushing just slightly.

"that boy was sweet." jungkook said and i agreed. "and he's a good photographer." i said and jungkook blushed again.

a few minutes later the boy ran up to us and held out a big yellow envelope.

"i printed out a few extras just in case. thank you." he bowed slightly and i nodded, taking the envelope. "no problem, good luck kid." i smiled and waved as he walked away.

"tae it's time to get ready for dinner." jungkook said and i groaned, slightly dreading this dinner.

"great, im so excited."

- got7shineediamonds ♡
TAEKOOK TAEKOOK TAEKOOK

- got7shineediamonds ♡TAEKOOK TAEKOOK TAEKOOK

6.5.19