Cafe Noir

After sitting and listening to David drone on and on about things you supposedly had in common you were almost gleeful to hear Mr. Jameson start screeching. Eventually when Mr. Grant came to find you and tell you Mr. jameson needed to speak with you, you had to stop yourself from jumping for joy.

You'd been a mere two seconds from considering jumping out of a nearby window.

You almost reconsidered that plan when you heard Mr. Jamesons yelling already echoeing in your ear's.

"L/N GET IN HERE, WE NEED TO DISCUSS THIS ARTICLE ON THE DAMN WEBHEAD!!!"

You sighed and straightened yourself out.

"What about it, Mr. Jameson?"

You asked, trying to be seemingly as innocent as possible.

"What I'm trying to say is how could anyone write this garbage?! NYT just keeps printing out more and more Garbage and people are actually buying into that crap!"

You sighed discretely.

"What do you think we should do about it, Sir?"

Mr. Jameson slammed his fist down on the desk for what was like the thousandth time that day.

"We write a better article! We need to show New york the true menace spiderman is!!!"

"I can see that sir, but what will be the pinpoint of the article?" You muttered tiredly.

You were tired of this crap. You just wanted to go on your lunch.

"We'll have Parker get the inscriminating photo's and start from there!!!" He shouted.

You cleared your throat.

"Mr. Jameson?"

"What?"

"It's two thirty, I'll just be leaving for my lunch break."

Mr. Jameson let out an annoyed huff.

"Sure whatever, just don't take your sweet time, alright?"

You nodded, completely annoyed but trying not to show it.

Eventually somehow you managed to slip put of the building without David noticing or trying to accompany you on your lunch.

You heels clicked loudly against the cement, a sound barely noticed with the loud hustle and talking on the streets on new york.

Eventually you came to a small cafè, it was a small and cozy little nook, Decorated with old woods and aged leather.

You enjoyed its vintage feel.

Your e/c eyes wandered the inside until they fell upon a familiar looking red-head and you relaxed your shoulders before smiling.

"May-May!" You called.

Mary jane, turned giving you a look, before grinning and waving back.

"Hey y/n, you look cute today." She grinned.

"Trying to look nice for someone special?" The red-head teased.

You swatted her arm, laughing.

"What?! No!" You replied laughing.

"Not in a million years!"

"Aw, come on, you have to have atleast been on a date or something since the last time I saw you!"

You shook your head.

"Nope. Not in the slightest. I haven't really met a guy who isn't obnoxious or sexist for that matter."

Mary jane cringed.

"Yeah feels like those are the only men that exist in this era."

"What about Peter, hm?" You teased.

She laughed and nodded.

"Yeah I mean he's real sweet and all but, I don't know if we'd be good together."

You gave a fake gasp, dramatically swooning.

"Oh no! How ever will I experience romance when My crush just happens to be spiderman?! A hero who single handedly protects new york?!"

Mary jane sighed shaking her head.

"He can be romantic at times, yeah but hes no superman."

You shrugged, picking your cup off of the saucer, creating a soft clinking noise that echoed through the cafè.

"Well, Spiderman or not, he's still a pretty decent guy. You've got to give him that considering your.... You know other prospects."

Mary nodded. "I know, I know."

The rest of your lunch was spent with Idle small chat and cathing up on one anothers lives.

Eventually you glanced at your watch and stood up, placing your money on the table.

"Thanks for having lunch with me today, Y/n."

You hugged her.

"It's no problem, besides it beats eating lunch with David."

You both burst out laughing.

"Hey, he can't be that bad."

You raised an eyebrow.

"Mary, he so bad he loterally makes me consider jumping out of a window,
Every-single-DAY."

Mary grinned waving.

"Well, I don't want to get you into trouble for anything so, you better get going."

You gave her one last hug before leaving and heading back to work.

Upon re-entering the building you were approached by Peter once again.

"Hey so... Mr. Jameson said I needed to find you so we could start on some sort of Anti-Spidey article?"

He grinned, scratching the back of his neck.

"Yep, apparently." You giggled.

"Not that theres many bad things to say about him."

You smiled.

Peter grinned back.

"Hmmm....I don't know I hear he's quite the trouble maker."

You both started to laugh.

It was so unusual to be writing articles on spiderman knowing, he was your best friend.

You could only imagine how Peter felt writing these articles about himself.