Sorry, Peter...part 2

"Let her go, Cletus!!!"

Spider-man called restlessly, Swinging down to the ground in an attempt to grab you.

Cletus growled, letting the symbiote envelope him with you still in his arm's before bounding several feet away from Spider-man.

"No can do, spidey! and besides why would she want to leave?!"

Carnage hummed gleefully, showing off the fact that you were his.

You flushed when Peter spoke with confusion in his voice.

"Y/n? What is he talking about???!"

Carnage laughed again, gently setting you down before picking up a nearby car to throw at Spider-man.

Spider-man dodged it swiftly before landing on a nearby street post.

"Oh, You were not aware?"

Carnage laughed, his toothy maw opening wide.

"Aware about what??!! what did you do to her?!"

Carnage's maniacal laughter continued as he dodged everything Spider-man shot at him before catching Peter by his throat and lifting him into the air.

"She's in love with me." Carnage bragged, glancing back at your blushing, guilty face.

"W-What? She could never love a monster like you, Kasady!!!"

Carnage cackled and looked back at you.

"Oh but she doe's...And now there's only one thing that stands in between me and her..."

Peter's eyes widened when you didn't respond or deny it.

"Y-Y/n??? is it true? please tell me it's not."

You just shook your head and looked away.

"I'm...I'm sorry."

You mumbled softly, you couldn't look at Peter as you said this, knowing how much it was going to hurt him.

Peter felt his heart break in two.

Carnage grinned broadly, his claw's sharpening themselves.

"Any last words, spidey?"

Carnage questioned only for you to stop him.

"W-Wait!!! Cletus, Don't!!!!"

Carnage growled softly, turning towards you with a frown.

"And why in the hell not?!!"

Carnage roared out, lifting Peter up higher.

You sighed and looked at him with pleading eyes, willing yourself to walk up to him and gently grab the arm that held Peter.

"Please...He's my friend. I...I don't want him to die. please don't hurt him, I promise I won't l won't ever run away again...just please, spare him."

You whispered, gently running your hand up the length of his arm, the cool skin of the symbiote was surprisingly calming. you looked back up to him again.

"But he'll get in between us."

Cletus growled lowly, looking back at Peter who was gasping for breath.

"No..he won't, I promise."

it seemed like several minutes went by of Carnage just looking at you and back at spider-man.

Eventually Cletus hissed in defeat before bringing Peter close to his face and growling.

"You try and come back for her and I swear to god I'll rip you limb from limb."

And with that Cletus threw Peter several feet away.

The last thing Peter saw was Cletus gently lifting you up and swiftly disappearing into the night before his vision went black.