Just Doubts.

~Earlier, with Edd~

Edd already wanted Tom in the friendship group. He had decided that the moment he saw how out of place he looked.

just like them.

Matt is one of the most cheerful ones in the school, he stood out because, well, when you're in highschool, there isnt really much to be happy about.

Edd is the most friendly, being nice to people even after they've treated him terribly. A cola addict, and a loud and proud cat lover.

Tord is one of the more...interesting ones? he met Edd and Matt when he bumped into them and broke his small robot. Edd and Matt apologized rapidly with guilt, but Tord simply reassured them it would be okay, and he rebuild it infront of their eyes at lunch.

but Tom?

Edd knew Tom was unique
Unique far beyond his glasses or outfit choice.
He'd find out soon,
him, or one of his friends.

"So-o Tom!" he started, with a singsong voice.

" I saw you walk into Mr.Lacamore's class. Are you planning on taking music courses? "

"Oh I already am, I was given my schedule a few days ago, before i arrived here."

" oh so what do you play? "

"well I just play the bass, but they dont have that here, but I could settle for acoustic." Tom grabbed an apple and practically stabbed it with his nails with a death grip out of being startled from Edd's reply.

" we have acoustic guitars here?! " Edd blurted out. Heads quickly turned to face him.He then lowered his head a bit and picked up a pudding cup out of embarrassment.

"yeah." Tom said, blinking his eyes the way you would if water got in them, but of course , you wouldent notice him doing it.

by the time they got to the actual food trays, something had clicked in Edd's head.

"are you gonna perform for the Student Cafe?" the Student Cafe is an event hosted every year for Students to perform any talents,tricks, or just simply hang out with friends over warm drinks and sweet bread or hotdogs, along with more comfort food, the event is conveniently held during the cold,windy, rainy season. Not the snowy ones.

"Im not sure" Tom scratched his ear. "I dont wanna just play a song on the acoustic, people would see it as background noise, if I had a voice or a singer, maybe people would put more attention to it, but I dont sing, and im sure no one else would want to sing a song while I play a tune. " putting emphasis on how hes part of the reason no one would want to perform with him.

"So you need a partner to perform." Edd commented , gears in his mind turning.

"Yeah, do you know someone?"

" Hm, maybe, im thinking of Red and Purple. "

"Red and Purple?" Tom questioned .

"Yea, Tord wears Red and Matt wears Purple, I wear green. "

"and you wear..." Edd looked up and down at Tom, trying to find a common color.

"Im thinking blue." Tom answered .

"Alright then."

" Blue it is. "

As Edd and Tom approached the table, it would seem like Edd said the strangest thing if you hadn't heard the first bit of the conversation.

the proof was the coughing fit Tord had after hearing it.

they waited for him to calm down as he spit out the apple chunk and began patting his own back, seeing as no one else would.