Impaitent Rest

Tom walked in the house, pleased to find everyone there, Namki let him off a few minutes earlier in her own fear something went wrong again.

The kids ran up to Tom to hug him at the door, After giving them gentle pats on the head, he looked to the couch, where Tord slept peacefully and a small carton of blueberries laid empty.

"He got hungry again." Asha admitted .

She sighed and looked to Tom, disappointed. "You never made breakfast before you left the second time."

" But we didn't run out this time! " Soke cheered.

Tom gave a small apology, promising to start on dinner right away.

when he went to the fridge and looked in, He frowned.

"And the raspberries?"

Asha slowly held up a finger to point to the couch.

Tord couldn't remember much of yesterday after his nap.

Of course, he had dinner and all, Namki came home, but he was blind. He couldn't remember a certain scene or differentiate them well. Each moment was just pitch black with conversation and voices, that he didn't even like listening to.

So if he couldn't remember blind memories, he thought back to ones where his sight was enabled.

the immediate thought?

Avery.

for so long he's been shoving it to the side, under too much stress and confusion to focus on her.

But now, he really had to.

His 6:30 alarm for school woke him up, he was going to immediately snooze it on his phone, but he remembered.

he isn't going to school.
Tom is.
all by himself.
with Avery.

So he immediately stumbled up, drunkily made it to the Ashas doorway, grabbing onto the frame, and knocking viciously on Toms door.

when the boy opened the door, bookbag slung over his shoulder, tired look on his face, he muttered:

"Who died?"

" No one! " Tord whined. "Im coming with you!"

Tom blinked.

"Don't make me laugh." he groaned, tiredly walking by.

" Asha! Soke! " he called, Tord could now hear a spoon and pan hitting together.

"Wake up, gotta go to school!"

Tord held his hands to his ears during the announcement, when it subsided, he ran to to the kitchen.

"I'm serious!" he persisted.

Tom started to mix batter, the usual routine could be considered a talent on how easy and fast Tom could do it.

"Tord there's no reason for you to go." he huffed . "Your blind. doctor said, 3 days. tops."

Tord could hear the stove beginning to sizzle like his impatience.

"I have to go!" he whined.

"Why?" Tom questioned, with a hint of attitude .

Tord hesitated , and just went on with it, he couldn't waste time.

"I just do."

Tom took the spatula in his hand and flipped Tords hair from the middle of his face to the side.

"No you dont. Your staying home."

Tord opened his mouth to protest, but he was met with a banana peel to the face.