Blind Wonders

Tord woke up,

well, actually, He couldn't tell if he did.

He thought he opened his eyes.

but all he 'saw' was pitch black.

He knew he was laying down, that's for sure. He felt his head resting on something soft, but comfortable. The room smelled of disinfectant. His hands fumbled around to grab onto a cloth.

a blanket?

He readjusted himself to sit up. He moved his hands, trying to see how far out they could go, when his elbow bumped into something.

His hand slowly moved to it, He could make out a smooth pole like surface, and small bars going down from the horizontal thing.

a..gate?

He sniffed again, just disinfectant.

where was he?

He had little to no memory of what happened yesterday.

wait

is it still Friday?
Is it Saturday?
have i been in a coma?

questions like these came to mind as Tord tried to slowly remember.

The more he seemed to focus on his thoughts and not the world around him, something else began to stick out more.

something...Wrapped. something wrapped around the upper part of his face.

something wrapped around his eyes.

His hands slowly reached up to feel it, Just as he thought, a weirdly textured fabric of some sort was wrapped around his eyes.

He didnt bother to remove them, thinking they were there for a reason.

Because his hands were close to his face, He felt another smooth surface just lightly touch his cheek.

His left hand felt around his right arm until he felt a little patch on by his wrist that was connected to some sort of tube, He did not know what the tube was connected to.

He went back to feeling the thing wrapped around his eyes, He was curious about its texture. Very rough.

He accidentally pushed the thing closer to his eyes, where something wet, possibly on the inside of the fabric, touched his eye.

He immediately closed them and tried to rub through the fabric, which He couldn't do, and it was unsatisfying that He couldn't. As the incomplete feeling bothered him, He figured he'd just keep his eyes closed. Not like he could see when they were open anyways.

soon enough, He figured out the 'fabric' was a bandage wrapped around his eyes.

His hearing wasn't so great, a bit fuzzy, but he could make out a faint beeping sound to his left.

He slowly pieced together everything.

He was in a clinic, or a hospital? He wasn't completely sure, but he knew it was some place where doctors were.

He listened for anyone else, his head had instinctively began to turn left and right to look for people, but he remembered his sight was temporarily disabled.

or permanently. He wasn't sure.

He still couldn't remember much. Which was frustrating him beyond consoling.

He could hear faint voices behind a door or something to his left, though the beeping there didn't make it easier to understand.

He decided he'd try a tatic he learned from a young age, when he got lost.