Blind Search

Tom looked around, His hand on the doorknob, examining the house and it's occupants. making sure everything was okay and in order.

No dirty dishes. No messes. No problems.

Tord was on the couch with the kids, they were going through a bag of spices Namki brought and letting Tord sniff them. They were having fun, in a weird way.

Tom let out a small sigh.

=Yesterday=

"Tord can you pass the salt."

" don't blame me if its pepper. "

Tord reached around on the table until he found the shaker. he shook it to tell whether it was salt or pepper. Pepper has larger pieces but would be quieter.

Tord gently put down the shaker and handed Laddi the other one.

"Good job." Namki commented, nodding her head . "It seems like your practicing has helped."

Tord shrugged.

"A little too well." Laddi smiled. Her mind went back to the whole fork and doorknob moment a few minutes back. " Tord, how come when you throw or do something, it always... " she hummed, looking for a word.

"always goes precisely."

Tord ran his finger along the edge of the glass in his hand.

"I don't know." he sighed and pushed back into the chair. After putting the cup down, his hand lazily dropped on his lap.He really didn't know. " Sometimes I just want to do something and I do it. I dont expect to achieve anything, though."

it's not like he didn't enjoy his accuracy in the tasks he does, really, he was quite impressed with it, it made his blind experience slightly more tolerable.

"strange." Laddi scraped food off the plate with her fork, pushing it into a small pile to pick at.

Tord simply nodded.

And that was one of the small conversations they had, the rest were rambles from the children and small talk from Tom and Namki. Occasionally, Tord would snap out his thoughts and comment or add on to the current conversation.

He didn't seem much for talking though, apparently, it was because he was tired, Tom didn't really understand why he was tired so quickly, but he guessed, when your blind. The more exciting thing to do is sleep and let your mind present you with images that your eyes cant.

"Alright guys." Tom called, getting the kids and Tords attention.

"I'm going to work, I'll ask Namki if I can come back early." Tom opened the door . He then frowned, remembering something. "Laddi can't come. So don't do anything stupid." And he shut the door.

the kids shrugged it off and continued holding up leafs to Tord, who was eating raspberries.

They continued like that for a while, not having much to do. Tom helped the kids with their homework after yesterday's dinner.  Tord had immediately went to bed.

Tom had gone to get his hoodie back from Tord, but he didn't bother to wake him from his peaceful state on the floor.

But today, Tord had his own red hoodie on.

It seemed peaceful, Tord appreciated that. No one was crying. No one was having a emotional breakdown. No dumb teen was being a prick. Finally, some time to just relax with the kids.

though, he couldn't really relax, a empty painful feeling started to bother him.

"I'm hungry." Tord stated. pushing aside the empty bowl.