Almost

after dinner, Tord thanked everyone, hugged the kids good bye, Namki hugged him with no hesitation, He looked to Tom who just sighed and joined in the hug.

It could've ended on a good note.

could've.

Tord walked towards the door.

"You don't want me to give you a ride?" Namki called from the kitchen, heating up water as she appeared to mix something in .

Tord shook his head. "I live pretty close. besides, There's still some sun out." he smiled .

The kids waved goodbye again.

And then it happened.

He didn't know what to call Namki, he wasn't sure, he felt like he'd cross the line saying 'Namki.' even if she allowed him to.

so he said it.

"Bye Ms.Ridge."

he smiled as he closed the door, walking off.

As soon as he said it Namki dropped the spoon in the pot and went still.

Tom bit his lip and walked away to his room.

Asha squeezed Sokes hand, who appeared confused at what just happened.

Tord had no idea.

~Tords house.~

He wandered in and plopped down on the couch while going through his bookbag to gather his Homework.

turned on the tv, Kitchen nightmares was on, so he just let the sound of  cheesy dramatic effects and a angry man drown out how annoying the homework was.

He eventually got it out of the way.

He remembered something.

He got up and went to the fridge.

cola bottle intact.

He silently cheered, he had forgotten about it today, But it would have failed if he brought it due to the situation.

Tord pulled out his phone to text Matt.

Tord: Matt I need you to do something tomorrow.

Matt: what is it?

Tord: gonna prank Edd.

Matt: Why???

Tord: Edd did that stupid cat face remember?

Matt: no?

Tord: Whatever meet me halfway to my house so I can give you something.

Matt: Yay! Presents!

Tord: It's not for you bud. Don't tell Edd.

Matt: Aw, but You have my word!

Tord seriously doubted that.

He sighed and went back to the couch to wait for the daily phone call from his dads.

he thought of today.
his mind eventually drifting to that note Tom got from Avery.

It was a nice comment, but Tord didn't like it.

or, something about it.

something about the sender

his eye began to sting a bit. He rubbed his eye and got up to answer the now ringing phone.