Chapter 16

[Eiden's P.O.V]

"She is wounded and at the base of the mountain." The wolf was standing in front of a confused Me. I was cooking something when the wolf came in and right now had a cucumber in one hand and a knife in the other.

"Uhhh .... " I looked at the wolf, "I'll go get her but .... How did you get in? Minty let you in?"

"This is my Island, Ed. There is no place here that I can't go to." The Wolf said, to which I became more confused. "If this is your island, aren't you like ... angry at me for making all this stuff?" I said.

"I'm not. It's good to have good-natured humans here once in a while. Now go." She said.

I realized that Yukie was waiting and dropped the cucumber and knife. I rushed out of the dome into my skyfall suit and ran with full momentum towards the forest.

I tried not breaking any trees or damaging any wildlife with my heavy robot running at full speed, but failed a few times, breaking tree branches, no animals were harmed though. Saya would boil me for this, But I have Minty to help me, she may be able to heal the trees.

I reached Yukie quickly, but she was already in a really bad state. I scanned her vitals, she was alive, of course. Would take more than a fall and a broken wing to kill her, but I was worried nonetheless. There was too much blood loss.

I sealed up the wounds with the medkit I had in the skyfall robot, But there was not much I could do, she needed blood. "A.M.I.? Scan for blood group." I said to skyfall.

"Scan Initiated. Scan complete. Blood group AB, Rh factor positive." Amy, my AI that controlled most of my machinery said. I sighed a sigh of relief. There was ample equipment for a quick blood transfusion, so I got to work.

After transferring some of my blood into her stream I felt a bit dizzy from the transfusion. I gave a lot, I guess. No worries, My sandwiches are a perfect remedy.

Wasting no time I got into skyfall again and set her on autopilot. "Skyfall? Move. Destination, Central Dome." I said. "Destination confirmed, Eiden. Rest a bit, your blood level is very low. I suggest taking one of your sandwiches." Ami said in a rather .... Human voice.

Did someone just mess with my AI? Did Minty put her magic into the AI and made her into a sentient being? This could be troublesome, my AI controlled most of my drones and once I'll get the uplink ready, Ami would have access to my mainframe and by extension, all my machinery all over the world.

As I got out of my thoughts, we were at the dome. I got out of Skyfall and took Yukie in my arms. "Ami? Get the Uplink up and ready at the worksite, I have the prism ready." I said. "Of course, Ed. Anything else you'd like me to do? Might I suggest that I could have gone for that ore myself. Sending Yukie caused her injuries."

Someone DID mess with my AI. Minty will need to explain this. "Sure, Ami. But sending Yukie had more objectives than just getting the ore. See you soon." I said, purposefully talking as if Ami was a Human to see her reaction to this.

"Pardon my limited understanding, Ed. I'll get to work. Might I add that I'm very glad you chose to respond to my question?" She said.

Glad ... ? I didn't program that. "Sure thing, Ami." I smiled to her and went back into the dome.

She ... waved me goodbye ...?

Ugh, I need to focus. Yukie's hurt and in my arms. I got her into a bed and gave her necessary medicine. She was better.

I went on to cook sandwiches and found Minty in the kitchen. "Hi Ed!" She came and hugged me. "Hi Mint" I said.

How could I get mad at her? Getting angry at this cute and precious caring bean was impossible. But I sure as hell needed an explanation.

"Help me cook? Yukie's injured and resting and I just had to give her a lot of blood. So I'm a bit dizzy too." I said as I started arranging things on the kitchen shelf.

"Sure! Are you okay though? I know you'd be okay with the blood loss but ... you seem worried." She asked, standing on the shelf in front of me, hands on her hips.

"About that ... Did you mess with something in the control room?" I asked, putting my hands on the shelf, leaning towards her, she was still very small.

"Oh yeah! When I was there, someone talked to me from the computer. Her name was Ami. When I kept asking her how she felt about you and your sandwiches, she said she didn't have emotions. I felt pity for her so I magicked emotions into her." She said enthusiastically, smiling.

I was looking at her the whole time in utter disbelief and horror. "Minty, do you know how many problems that can cause?" I said. Minty completely unaffected by my expression, said "Nah, We'll handle it. She deserved emotions. And she thinks your sandwiches are healthy and make you happy too."

I did a facedesk on the shelf. Heavy sigh.

"Fine ... but, keep talking to Ami then. If she already has emotions then you better control her. It could be vital for my AI research too." I said and went on with the cooking.

"Sure! No problem! One more friend for us!" She smiled and went on with helping me.