#1

#1
Ayla's POV
Summer break is probably one of my favorite times of the year. No school, no responsibilities. Even though being 16 doesn't leave you with many responsibilities. Every year my parents and I go on vacation for the entire summer. Today is the first full day of summer and we are flying to stay with some of my parents friends from High School.

The only thing I was told was that they had three kids. A 17 year old son, a 15 year old daughter, and a 13 year old son.

Boarding the plane I stopped very briefly and patted the outside of the plane, for good luck. Once I found my seat, I took the window seat. My mom took the middle seat and my dad the aisle seat.

***

Three and a half hours later, a person came on the intercom and told us we would be landing soon. I was told that the family would be picking us up at the airport.

***

After we get our bags I hear a woman yell my parent's name "Jamie... Robert?". My parents turn around and start running towards... Jill and Mike Donnelly.

Oh.
My.
Gosh.

I love watching Flippin' Kate, I never knew my parent could actually have cool friends. Along with Jill and Mike, stood Brennan, Katie, and Ryan. And damn, might I say, Brennan was looking fine as always. I also forgot to mention I've had the biggest crush on him, for as long as I can remember. But I never thought that some day I would be standing less than 30 feet from him.

Brennan's eyes catch mine and he immediately smiles. My parents are hugging Jill and Mike as I decide to walk over to all of them. After my parents hug Jill and Mike and they make their way down the line of kids. I do the same hugging Jill, Mike, Katie and Ryan. When it comes to Brennan I look up into his eyes before he pulls me into a tight hug. Our hug goes on longer than expected. But when we pull away, my family gets our stuff and heads to the Donnelly's car.

Jill pulls out the camera and starts talking "so we just picked up our surprise guests" she motions towards my dad "this is Robert" then to my mom "and Jamie, some of our good friends from high school" she then motions towards me "and their beautiful daughter, Ayla". I smile and give a small wave to the camera.

***

We walk into the Donnelly's house, and Mike begins to address the sleeping situation. "Katie has decided to give up her room so Ayla you will be sleeping in there"

I am quick to respond "oh no it's okay, it's her room. I can sleep on the couch"

Jill talks this time, instead of Mike "honey you're our guest and you are sleeping in Katie's room. End of discussion"

"What about Katie?" I question.

Katie answers before her parents can "I'll be fine, don't worry about me"

I drop my bags and walk over to Katie, giving her a hug, "thank you".

Jill starts to talk again "and Jamie and Rob will be in our room. Don't even think about protesting"

My parents say nothing, but nod their heads. It's silent until Jill asks Katie and Ryan if they will go and get out the stuff to make dinner, and obviously they agree. She then asks Brennan to show me to my, or should I say Katie's, room, and he agrees. My heart starts to race #1 because I'm nervous I'll do something stupid and scare him away #2 because I'm excited and #3 because I'm nervous.

My parents walk off with Brennan's parents. Once they are gone, I reach down for my suitcase and apparently so does Brennan. Our hands accidentally touch and I feel a spark I definitely didn't expect. I pull my hand away and quickly apologize, looking down, embarrassed. I see Brennan smile out of the corner of my eye. He grabs my suitcase handle in his hand. Brennan starts to talk "it's fine" he pauses and then continues but this time in a British accent "now my lady, may I lead you to your room". I laugh and then respond, also in a British accent "well of course you may.