#34

(Ignore the ring in the picture above. I really like the dress but Brennan and Ayla are not engaged)

#34
Ayla's POV

After straightening my hair and getting dressed in a simple gray dress, I somehow manage to get some simple black socks on. I didn't want to wear blue or pink because I really don't care. But Brennan on the other hand,  is wearing a pink button up shirt, with some plain black shorts. It's not extremely hot today, it's like 65 degrees outside, it's my favorite weather. Not too hot, and sunny.

"Hey Brennan, can you help me get my shoes on" I yell from the bathroom as I'm brushing my teeth.

"Yeah" he says as he walks into the bathroom, holding my white low top converse. Yes I'm wearing converse with a dress. It's my baby's gender reveal, I can wear what I want.

Brennan helps me get my shoes on and ties them. "Thank you" I say, giving him a quick kiss.

"Mhm"

We're having our gender reveal in our backyard, the whole family has been setting up all morning. I don't even know how Brennan and I are going to find out the gender, because Katie hasn't told us. And we won't find out until we're actually finding out.

***

About an hour and a half into the party, Brennan and I walk hand in hand to a chalk board Katie has set up. On one side, it says girl, and on the other it says boy. When guests walk into the party, they mark which side they think the baby is. So far, girl side is winning. I grab a piece of chalk and put a tally under boy. Brenna does the same, but under girl.

"Will Brennan and Ayla please come to the front? It's time" Katie says into a megaphone.

Brennan and I make our way to where Katie is standing. She hands each of us a pin. She walks away into the house and comes back with a large black balloon.

"On the count of three, Brennan and Ayla will pop the balloon, if pink confetti comes out, it's a girl, if blue confetti comes out, it's a boy. Are you ready?

Brennan and I both nod.

"3..." Katie yells into the megaphone. Everyone starts counting down with her.

2...

1...

Brennan and I pop the balloon and... pink confetti flies into the air.

Everyone starts cheering and clapping. Especially Brennan. I lean over and kiss Brennan, "we're having a girl" I say out of disbelief.

"I told you" he says smiling. I smile back at him. I turn to give Katie a hug, but realize that she is gone. I see her reappear a couple seconds later with... another balloon, labeled "Baby B".

I cover my mouth in disbelief. There is no way we're having twins.

"Brennan" I get his attention and point to Katie.

"No... twins?" He says astonished.

Katie turns the megaphone on. "So, as you can see, I have another balloon. Not even Ayla and Brennan know this, but they're having twins."

Everyone starts screaming and clapping. Katie hands us the balloon and the crowd starts counting down again.

3...

2...

1...

Brennan and I pop the balloon, pink confetti flies through the air. Everyone starts cheering. Brennan is ecstatic. I hug him and give him another kiss. "We're having twin girls"

"Holy crap"

I make my rounds giving everyone hugs as some people begin to leave. I go to hug Jill and Mike once I get some time.

I walk up and engulf Jill in a hug, "congratulations" she says.

"Thank you" I reply as I let go of Jill and hug Mike.

"This is perfect," Jill says "now Katie and I can each have one."

I laugh before agreeing with her, "true"

"But now we need to buy twice the stuff" Brennan says out loud.

"That is also true" I respond "it's going to cost us a lot of money we don't have"

"Don't worry about it, stress isn't good for the babies" Jill says, placing a hand on my stomach, "and we can help. We're not going to pay for everything, but you guys got a lot of gifts today so we'll see what you still need after you open all the presents."

I engulf Jill in a hug, "thank you so much" I say as my eyes start to tear up.

"Are you okay?" Jill asks as I take in a shaky breath.

I pull away and wipe a tear from my cheek. Brennan laces his fingers in mine.

"It's just that, ever since the beginning, you guys have accepted me. Even when I ended up pregnant with your son's baby" I correct myself as Katie and Ryan walk over and join the conversation. There isn't anyone left at the party anymore. "babies. Even when my family kicked me out. Whenever I need something you guys don't even bat an eye before helping. I love your son so much, I'm just glad I got so lucky that he has an amazing family too. I'm hoping that I'm going to be around for a while" I squeeze Brennan's, "I'm so happy that I get to spend all that time with you guys. I love you guys, I literally have no clue where I'd be if I didn't have you. Or you" I say turning to Brennan.

"I love you" Brennan says, wiping a tear off my face. He leans in and kisses me.

"That deserves a toast" Katie says. "Everyone raise your glasses, of water"

Everyone raises their water bottle or grabs one from a nearby table. "To Ayla" Katie says.

"To Ayla" everyone except me says in unison.

"To the Donnelly's" I say.

"To us" they all say.

"And to our daughters" Brennan says placing his hand on my belly.

"To the babies" everyone besides Brennan and I say.

We all take a drink, except for the people that grabbed a bottle that wasn't theirs.

"We love you" Jill says as she gives me a hug.

Everyone else joins.

"I love you more" Brennan whispers in my ear. I turn and kiss him.

"I love you too"

"Dang the babies are going crazy" Jill says.

"Tell me about it" I laugh.