#3

#3
Ayla's POV

We were chest to chest and I could feel his heart beating next to mine. He lifts his muddy hand and caresses my cheek. He starts leaning up towards me, but before he can kiss me I grab a handful of mud and smear it on his face. I then quickly get up and start dribbling the ball towards my goal. I take a shot just outside the 18 yard box.

"Goaaalllll!" I yell.

I start jogging back to a now standing Brennan.

"Looks like I won" I say, smiling. 

"I guess so" he responds "good game".

He reaches out his hand for me to shake it. Just as I'm about to shake it, he takes his other hand and wipes mud down my cheek.

"Oh it's on" I say.

I grab a handful of mud and wipe it down his chest.

After about 10 minutes of our fight we are both covered in mud, and water from it still down pouring.

"Brennan, Ayla, time to go home" Jill yells from the passenger side seat.

***

I glance at the clock on the stove, and it reads 8:03. All of the Donnelly's and my family are sitting around on the couches talking.

"Katie, I could easily beat you in wrestling" Brennan says to Katie

"Prove it" she responds, getting up.

Brennan gets up too, he walks to an open spot on the floor and gets on his hand and knees. "Go" he says to Katie.

Katie reaches over Brennan and puts her left arm, under his and above his head. She starts trying to flip him before she can Brennan gets a good grip on Katie and puts her flat on her back. She is trying to wiggle out of his grip but he keeps her there. Ryan gets on the floor and starts pounding his fist on it each time he says a number, "1, 2, 3".

Brennan lets go of Katie.

"And our winner is" Ryan says, grabbing Brennan's wrist "Brennan Donnelly". Ryan raises Brennan's arm in the air. "And the crowd goes wild, ahhhhh" Ryan says.

"Thank you, thank you very much" Brennan says, bowing.

"My turn" I say standing up.

My older brother, my younger sister and I wrestle all the time. Yes, I have and older brother, his name is Ayden. He is 18 and stayed back in Wisconsin because he got offered a job to work with Brewers. Doing book work or something. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but it's his dream job. He also basically gets paid to watch the game. Of course he has to do other things, but still.

And, I have a younger sister, she is 14 and her name is Ashlyn. She is also back in Wisconsin. She is staying with my grandparents because she wants to go to a soccer camp this summer and just hang out with her friends. She is the type of girl that likes have sleepovers and staying up all night.

Brennan looks stunned for a couple seconds but then composes himself, "okay" he says.

I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty strong. Swimming basically consumes my life, and swimming really works your muscles.

I walk over to Brennan, and get down on my hands and knees. Brennan starts the same way as Katie, but manages to get my flat of my back. Ryan gets down on the floor "1, 2...". Before he can say three I manage to flip us and get Brennan flat on his back. Before he can react to what has happened, Ryan has already counted to three.

I stand up and reach down to grab Brennan. He smiles before grabbing it and pulling himself up.

"We have a new reining champion" Ryan says in his announcer voice. He grabs my wrist and raises it in the air "Ayla..."