#19

#19
Ayla's POV

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing. I open my eyes and look at my alarm clock as I grab my phone.

12:01

What kind of person is calling me at midnight.

I press the answer button without bothering to look at who is calling me.

"Hello" I say.

"Hey Ayla" I hear Brennan's voice "happy birthday"

"Thank you, but how did you know it was my birthday?" I question.

"Your mom told me"

I laugh a little, making sure to be quiet to that I don't wake my parents.

Do you miss me yet?" He asks, a smile on his face.

"Like crazy. Have you found a new girl that you have your eye on yet?" I ask jokingly, but also wanting to know the answer.

"Ayla" he suddenly gets serious. "You're the one for me. You showed me what love is, and your the only person I ever want to love. But I can accept your decision, but just know that there is never going to be another girl. Because you're the girl for me, and I wouldn't want it any other way."

I feel the same way, but I don't say anything. I truly feel bad because I want to tell him, I really do. But I don't think I can do the whole long distance thing. As much as I hate to admit it, I get jealous. Not super easily, but I still get jealous. Even though I trust Brennan with my life, I would still get jealous just because that's how I am, and I hate it. But I can't change it.

The conversation dies down a little bit but he starts it back up.

"Well goodnight, I just wanting to be the first person to wish you a happy birthday."

"Thank you, bye"

"Bye"

I went back to sleep very happy.

***

I FaceTime Cricket because I haven't got the chance to talk to her since I've been back.

"Hey" she says.

"Hey"

"How was vacation?"

"Good"

"Did you meet any cute boys" I roll my eyes, why does everyone keep asking?

I feel my cheeks flush.

"Can we not talk about it?" I ask.

"Just tell me one thing. You didn't lose your virginity, did you?"

"No, but I was kinda sorta not really close to"

"He was that special?" She questions.

"Yeah" I cast my gaze down.

"Why are you so sad then?"

"I broke it off"

"Why?"

"I don't think long distance can work"

"But you should have tried"

"I know" I pause, thinking about everything, which is what I've been doing since I broke up with him.

Did I make the right decision?

"How about we go to the mall and look for some hot guys? And also shop."

"I'm not in the mood, definitely not for the guys" I rest my head on my hand.

"That serious of a relationship?"