#24

#24
Ayla's POV

"When I was a freshman, I went to homecoming with this guy. He was really great. But before we could get together, he moved away. I found him on instagram a couple months later and saw he had a girlfriend. He just recently moved back and no longer has pictures of him and any girl, on his Instagram. So we have been talking since he got back, and I'm almost positive he likes me, and I think I might like him back"

"Is he cute?" I ask.

"Hold on" She turns on her phone and taps around for a little bit before showing it to me.

"Dang, he's cute"

Brennan clears his voice, "Yes?" I say as I turn to him.

"What about me?"

"I guess you're okay" I joke, turning back to the phone to look at more pictures.

Brennan gasps and raises his hand to his chest, "that's rude"

"It's not rude if it's the truth" I say, smiling I turn my attention back to Katie, "so what's stopping you from asking him out?"

"We just need more time to hang out and get closer"

"I get it" I say nodding my head and handing her back her phone.

"Are you guys ready for St. Lucia?" Katie asks.

"Heck yeah" I stand up and walk over to my dresser, pulling out an outfit.

"Should I wear this?" I ask Katie.

"Definitely, it's really cute"

"Do I get an opinion in what you wear?" Brennan asks.

"Sure, What do you think?" I ask him, smiling because of how attractive he looks.

"I personally like you better with no clothes on, but since we are going out in public and I don't want other guys checking you out. I think that outfit is good"

"I'm going to grab my stuff and then leave you guys to get ready. But no round two. We gotta go eat breakfast." Katie says as she gathers up her stuff.

"Trust me, there won't be round two for at least a couple days. My entire body aches" I reply.

Katie stops and looks at me, "you know, as your friend, I'd like to be like 'tell me everything later' but as your future sister in law, I want to be like 'ew'"

I let out a laugh, and shake my head. "I swear you and your marriage talk"

"It going to happen" she says to me as the front door closes behind her.

After the door closes, I gather my stuff and head towards the bathroom.

"I'm going to shower" I say to Brennan.

"Can I join?" He asks.

I turn around so that I can see him. "I told you, my body hurts"

"I promise, no funny business"

"Ok. Hurry up"

***

It's been a couple days and St. Lucia was really fun. We went parasailing and snorkeling. But I'm really excited for today. Today we are going to Paris, France.

(A/N yes I know that Europe is really far away from St. Lucia, and that a cruise ship more than likely wouldn't go that far. But I really wanted them to go to some islands, but also go to Europe. So I know it doesn't really make sense, but just go with it.)

Brennan grabs my hand as we walk off the ship. Once we step foot on land, we step aside so that Jill and Mike can talk to us.

"Make sure you all stay together. Don't spend too much money. And keep your phones on you at all times" Jill tells us as she takes a card out of her purse to give to us, "also be back by 7 o'clock tonight"

"Yes mom, we got it" Brennan says.

"Here" she hands the card to Brennan. "No fighting"

"We won't" Ryan tells her.

"Okay, have fun"

"We will" I tell Jill.

***

We spent most of the day just being tourists. We went sight seeing and went shopping. The sun is setting and it's almost time to get back to the ship.

I feel Brennan grab my hand, "Ayla, let's go this way" he starts tugging my hand towards a bridge. We go on the side where the sun is setting, and look towards the water. I see Katie and Ryan go on the other side. Brenna takes a step back, and I do to. He turns towards me and turns me towards him.

"Ayla" he takes a deep breath "when we first met, I never expected we would be here. I also never expected that you would like me back" he smiles "we've been separated and I'm glad you still wanted me after that. And now that I have you, I'm not letting you go again."

He gets down on one knee. I gasp, "Brennan?"

"Don't worry, I'm not proposing." He laughs slightly.

I let out a sigh of relief, of course someday I want to get married to Brennan, but we're both still so young. And right now definitely isn't the time, also, my parents would not approve.

He pulls out a ring box and opens it. The ring inside is beautiful. Parts of the ring make out a heart, with a row of diamonds on it. On the heart it says 'I love you' and has a date on it, that I don't recognize.

"Ayla, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Of course" I respond.

I see a flash go off, I look over and see Katie taking pictures.

"It's a promise ring, we are too young to get married. But this is my way of saying that I promise to be yours until that day comes." Brennan smiles, "I love you"

"I love you too, now stand up so that I can kiss you" I say back.

"Put it on first"

"What hand does it go on?" I question.

"I would assume the right because it's not an engagement ring"

I hold out my right hand and he slips the ring on. I grab his face as he stands up, and I bring his lips to mine. Even with my eyes close I see another flash go off. When we pull away, I engulf him in a hug.

"What's the date on the ring, stand for?" I ask him.

"It's the date of the day you kissed me in the rain, and I knew for sure that I loved you"

I don't know what to say, so I just smile.

"Oh, and I have this" he pulled a lock and key out of his pocket, "we are on the love lock bridge so I thought it was only fitting"

(A/N yes I know that you are no longer allowed to put locks on the bridge, but I want them to do it)

The lock reads

Ayla and Brennan
        Forever
       10-15-20

Brennan and I clamp the lock on the bridge, before throwing the key into the water.

"Brennan, Ayla, it's time to go."

Brennan grabs my hand and with Katie and Ryan, we walk back to the ship.