#9

#9

Ayla POV

"Brennan... will you go out with me?" I ask.

I'm nervous. Even though he already asked me. What if he changed his feelings? Like a girl, changes clothes. Sorry, now is not the time for a Katy Perry reference.

Brennan pulls me into a hug. "I would love to"

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. When we pull away, I realize how close we are. Brennan brings his right hand up and tucks some of my hair behind my ear. Since there is only a couple centimeters between us, I can feel his breath fan my face.

"Kiss me" I whispered.

Brennan didn't hesitate he softly pressed his lips to mine. I put my arms around his neck and pull him closer, to deepen the kiss. Brennan licks my bottom lip.

"Woah" I hear Katie say.

We quickly pull away from each other.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt. You guys just took too long and I was hungry" Katie says looking to Brennan. "Oh my gosh what did u do to your hand"

"Oh, I just punched the pizza guy" Brennan replies like it was no big deal.

"Cool. But why?"

Brennan looks back to me, as if permission to tell Katie. I nod my head. Honestly, if Brennan didn't tell her now, I would probably tell her later.

"He sexually assaulted Ayla"

"You should have kicked him in the balls so hard that they get stuck inside of him, and then punched him"

Woah, I never knew Katie had his kind of side to her.

Katie walks towards Brennan and slowly picks up his arm, looking at his wrist. "It looks really cool"

"Yeah but he should probably go to the hospital" I say.

"I watch enough Grey's Anatomy, I could fix it" Katie replies.

"Actually, I would rather go to the hospital than risk losing my entire arm from you trying to fix it."

***

Later That Night

Katie and I are sitting on my bed, eating ice cream and watching Grey's Anatomy. Katie turns her body to face me.

"What exactly happened between you and Brennan?"

"Nothing" I lie. Knowing it's pointless because I'll end up telling her anyways.

"Don't lie"

"Fine" I sigh "I thought about what you said. And when Brennan punched that guy, I could tell he had never punched someone before, because he did it wrong. I realized that he did care for me. So I asked him out"

She squeals.

"I am so happy." She says "oh my gosh, can I plan your wedding? I'll make a good maid of honor"

"Woah, who said were getting married?"

"I can tell you guys will"

"Since when are you a fortune teller?"

"I'm not. I just have a gut feeling"

"It could be gas" I comment.

"Shut up, you know what I mean" she says back, playfully hitting my arm.

***

Next thing I know I am in a dark room. I hear noises and then the light flicks on, revealing the pizza guy.