#23

#23
Ayla's POV

It's been a couple days and Brennan still isn't talking to me. I really don't know what I did. Katie and I have just finished dinner and are now walking back up to our room. I opened the door with me key as soon as I opened the door slightly, Katie pushed me in our room and pulled the door shut after her.

"Katie what are you doing?" I yell at her.

"Turn around. And don't either of you even think about leaving the room. If you do try to leave the room I will beat you until you can't walk."

Either?

I'm the only one in here.

Confused I turn around and see... Brennan.

He is sitting on the bed looking just as confused.

"Hey" I say.

He turns his body and rests his back agains the headboard of the bed. He doesn't say anything back.

"Why are you mad at me?"

He doesn't answer for a while so I walk over to the opposite side of the bed and mimic how he sits. After about 30 minutes of silence I can't take it anymore.

"What did I do?" I kinda yell.

He huffs, "You told my family that we're not together"

"But we're not. I don't remember you asking me out again or asking me to be your girlfriend."

"You kissed me"

"That doesn't mean we're together."

"But I want to be"

"Me too"

I turn my body to face him.

"If you plan to break up with me again, when you go back, then there is no point of getting together"

"Brennan, I can't leave you again unless I know that you're mine"

"And I won't let you"

He turns his head to mine. Our faces just centimeters apart. He slowly leans closer to me and presses his lips to mine. The kiss starts slow and gentle. But soon gets faster paced and more intense. I swing my leg over Brennan's, to straddle him. I pull away to breath and Brennan presses a couple kisses along my jaw before going lower and taking his time to kiss the skin right above the collar of my shirt.

"Kiss me" is all I have to say before Brennan's mouth is back on mine. He places his hands under the hem of my shirt, causing me to shiver.

He grips my waist and pulls me closer. I pull away and place my head on his chest.

What are we doing?

Is it too soon?

Is he ready for this?

Am I?

Brennan grabs my chin and brings his mouth to mine for a quick kiss.

"If you don't want to go any further we don't have to" He says in a soft voice.

This is it. I've never wanted someone as much as I want Brennan. I trust him. I trust that he isn't just using me. He loves me and I love him.

I wrap my arms around his neck and pull his mouth to mine. We continue where we left off. I tighten my arms, pulling him closer. I pull away again, coming to a realization.

"I have no clue what I'm doing" I admit, laughing slightly.

His laugh mimics mine, "I don't either" he smiles, "but let's start here"