#14

#14
Ayla's POV

"Dang it, I want to be a brain surgeon" I say to Brennan.

"But I also want to be a brain surgeon" Brennan retaliates.

"But I want to be one in real life"

"Me too"

"Woah, now all the Grey's Anatomy makes sense"

Currently Brennan and I are sitting on the living room floor, playing Life.

"Gosh you guys sound like an old married couple" Jill yells from the kitchen.

"Ha" Katie yells "you guys are already acting like you're married, it's going to happen one day."

I roll my eyes.

"Aww, you guys are so much alike, you both just rolled your eyes at me."

I quickly turn to Brennan and he turns to me "if you keep rolling your eyes they're going to get stuck like that" we both say at the exact same time.

"Brennan" I say really dramatically.

"Yeah" he replies, just as dramatic.

"I think that since you rolled your eyes at the same time as me, that we should get married"

"I couldn't agree more"

I get on one knee and dramatically wipe my hands on my shirt, like they're sweaty.

"Brennan, will you marry me?" I ask pretending to hold out a ring.

"Of course"

Brennan tackles me to the ground. I instantly start laughing and so does he.

"You guys are so weird" I hear Katie say.

Once we calmed down, I grab Brennan's head and plant a quick kiss to his lips.

When we pull away, he tries to go back in for another kiss but I jokingly push his head away.

"Get up, we gotta finish our game. And you're crushing me." I complain.

Brennan starts rubbing his thumb and pointer finger together.

"What the hell are you doing?" I ask.

"Playing the worlds smallest violin"

I laugh, "why?"

"Because right now it seems like you got a lot of problems"

"Sometimes I question your mental health"

***

Today we are leaving the cabin. It is currently 7:00 in the morning, and since I'm stupid and decided to pack last minute, I am shoving things in my bag. We are leaving at 7:30 and I would like to eat before we go, so I don't really care if my clothes are wrinkly.

Also, late last night, Katie, Brennan and I decided to watch Adrift. It just came out not that long ago, and was really good. But because of it, I didn't get much sleep last night.

***

After eating, we pack up the car and start driving home. After a little bit of driving I yawn, realizing how tired I am. I lay my head on Brennan's shoulder and let sleep take over me.

***

"Ayla" I feel someone's hand on my shoulder "Ayla, wake up, we're home."

I slowly open my eyes, and then rub them to help adjust them to the light. I look up and see Brennan.