#8

#8
Ayla's POV

It's been a week and in a couple days it is the 4th of July. All of us are going to a cabin for the week. And by all of us, I mean the Donnelly's and me. My parents aren't coming, they said they wanted some alone time so they are staying at the Donnelly's house.

We all got in the car and Mike started driving.

"How far away is it?" I ask

"About 4 1/2 hours" replies Jill

I sit next to Katie in the back of the car and Brennan and Ryan sit in the middle.

Say You Won't Let Go starts playing on the radio. I instantly start to hum to it. I love this song so much. On my wedding day, I want my first dance with my husband to be to this song.

I hum the song while looking out the window and thinking. Thinking about all the great things the future holds and thinking about all the bad things I get to leave in the past.

***

"Ayla" someone taps my shoulder.

I stretch and make an odd noise before opening my eyes and seeing Katie.

"We're here" she says.

I get out of the car, following everyone else. I grab my bag from the back of the car and walk towards the cabin. It is beautiful, the dark wood of the cabin contrasts with the bright flowers surrounding it. There is also a huge weeping willow tree that I can see towards the back of the cabin. Underneath the tree is a hammock. I can see the river behind the cabin, from where I am standing.

As we walk into the cabin Jill talks "there is only three bedrooms so Katie and Ayla will share a room, Brennan and Ryan will share a room, and Mike and I will share a room."

I fine with sharing a room with Katie for the week. We haven't gotten to spend much time together so this will be our chance to bond.

Katie showed me to the room we were staying in, there is a bunk bed pushed against a wall. On the opposite side of it there is a dresser along with a TV on top. There is other random decorations around the room. The room isn't big but it isn't super small either.

"Do you want the top bunk or bottom bunk" Katie asked.

"I'll take bottom, unless you want it"

"You can have it"

After I put my backpack on my bed, I grabbed a book and walked towards the door, "I'm going to sit on the hammock" I say to Katie.

"Okay"

The book I grabbed is The Fault In Our Stars. For some reason I love romance stories. Maybe it's because I don't have romance in my life.

I walk out the front door and over to the hammock. I tried getting on and fell right off. After a couple tries I finally managed to stay on the hammock and not fall off.

I open my book and start reading it. After about an hour I see Ryan start walking towards me. "Hey we are going to eat and then go laser tagging" he says.

"Okay" I say putting my book mark in my book and closing it. "Can you help me up, I feel like I'm just going to fall if I try"

He laughs "sure"

Ryan sticks out his hand, I grab it and he helps me up. I take my hand and ruffle his hair "thanks little bro" I say.

"Dang it, you messed up my hair"

"Oh sorry" I grab his head and try fixing his hair.

"You're only making it worse, I'll fix it myself" Ryan kinda complains.