#12

#12
Ayla's POV

Brennan and I made our way back to the rest of his family. I guess the he was also going to the bathroom but he saw me stand up so he thought he would scare me.

Almost as soon as we got back the fireworks started. I haven't actually seen fireworks since I was like 5. My family isn't a huge fan of them so we just never went. Also, the last time we saw them, my sister was scared of them, because she was only three. She used to plug her ears, and fall asleep with her fingers in her ears.

As the fireworks started I laid flat on my back. The fireworks were literally right above us. Brennan laid next to me but on his side, with his head propped on his hand.

After the grande finale, I said "wow, it's beautiful"

"Mhm" Brennan replies.

I look to Brennan and see that he's looking at me. He slowly leans down and plants a lingering kiss to my lips.

"Eww, that's disgusting, get a room" Ryan says.

Katie hits his arm "it not disgusting, it's cute"

Brennan and I both put a hand up and kiss behind it.

"Better?" Brennan asks.

"Yes" Ryan replies.

Everyone laughs, including Jill and Mike.

"I think it's cute" Jill says.

"Me too" replies Katie, she pauses as if she's thinking, before blurting out "oh my gosh, their kids would be so cute".

"Yeah they would" Jill agrees.

I roll my eyes "Really Katie, first a wedding and now kids. We are young and we just started dating"

"It's just that feeling-" Katie starts but I cut her off.

"You should probably go to the doctor the get that gas checked out"

"Just wait" Katie says "you guys will get married, buy a house, have kids, get a dog or cat or both, go on family vacations and invite me because I want to go too, grow old together and have grandchildren-"

***

After the fireworks we made our way back home. The boys were all in Brennan and Ryan's room playing  some x-box game. Katie, Jill, and I are sitting in the living room eating mint chocolate chip ice cream.

"So Ayla" Jill starts "how was your date with Brennan?" She asks.

"It was great" I say before taking another bite of my ice cream.

"What exactly happened?" Katie asks.

I tell them basically everything, leaving out the kiss.

"Did you guys kiss?" Katie asks after I finish the story.

I feel the heat rush to my face, "just a little"

"Oh my gosh, you guys made out" she says.

My face gets more red, if that's even possible.

Before I can say anything, Brennan walks in. He stops when he sees us.

"Why are you guys embarrassing Ayla?" He asks "did you compliment her?"

"No" I feel my face start to turn back to its normal color "good thing too"

"Why? Do you not like compliment?" Katie asks.

"She hates them, which is one of the reasons I compliment her all the time, also because she's so perfect that it's easy to find things to compliment her about" he look to me and smiles.