#5

#5
Ayla's POV

That was probably the weirdest thing I have ever done. Well, let me rephrase that. The weirdest thing I have done, that has included another person. Or more like most awkward. My friends and I, are really weird, and that's what I love about hanging out with them. But that's besides the point.

Me and Brennan have just gotten in the car, and started on our way back the his house. It is still the same night Brennan took me to the pond.

In My Blood by Shawn Mendes started playing on the radio and I freaked out "oh my gosh I love Shawn Mendes, so much." I stopped to listen to the music for a little, and also to kinda calm down from how excited I am. "When I was 15 I REALLY wanted to go to a concert but my parents didn't want to go, and they didn't trust me and a friend going to the concert"

Brennan smiles "I really like Shawn Mendes too"

I smile back.

***

It is the next day, everyone is sitting around the living room or dining room. The parents were finishing up lunch, and kids were just socializing.

"Brennan, why don't you take your siblings and Ayla to get some ice cream?" Jill calls to Brennan.

Brennan turns to Katie, Ryan, and I, "you guys want to go get ice cream?"

"I'll go" Katie replies first.

"Me too" I say.

"I'm not feeling very good, I'll stay here" Ryan says, rubbing his stomach.

Brennan, Katie, and I, stand up and walk to put our shoes on.

"I call shotgun" I call out.

"Fine" Katie rolls her eyes but smiles.

***

Katie's POV

We get in the car, I buckle up right away. Ayla keeps pulling on her seat belt but it locks every time.

"Hey Brennan" Ayla says right before Brennan buckles up. He looks at her and starts laughing.

"Didn't you learn how to buckle yourself when you were like 5?" He asks.

I can see in the mirror, that she rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, but your seat belt is broken" she says.

"Wow, blame it on the seat belt" Brennan says, still slightly laughing.

"Can you just buckle it?" Ayla asks.

"Sure"

Brennan grabs the end of the seat belt from Ayla's hand and reaches over top of her to put the seat belt all the way back in the car. His face is just inches from hers, I see him stop and glance at her lips.

I cough, "hey I don't mean to interrupt something, but can you hurry up? I want ice cream."

Brennan clears his throat and his face goes red, "sorry".

He pulls the seat belt over her and buckles it.

"Thank you" she says smiling.

Which instantly makes him smile.

Dang, I knew he liked her, but I didn't know he had it that bad.

He sits back in his seat, and buckles before putting his hands on the wheel. He sits there for a couple seconds.

"You might want to start the car first" I say laughing.

"Oh right" he says before taking the keys and starting the car.

Man, he really likes her, I just hope she feels the same way.

***

Ayla's POV

We have already ordered and we are now sitting outside at a table.

"Ayla, what a sport you wish you would have played when you were younger?" Katie randomly asks.

"Well, when I was younger, I tried almost all the sports my school offered. But I've always wanted to be on the football team."

"What's your favorite color?" Katie asks.

"Mint green"

"What is this? 21 questions?" Brennan asks Katie.

"Well I figured since we don't really know Ayla, that this would be the best was to get to know her." Katie responds.

"What do you like to do for fun?" The questions were getting faster, as were my answers.

"Read"

"Favorite movie"

"The Greatest Showman"

The questions started getting s little weirder. "Celebrity crush"

"Zac Efron"

"Do you want kids in the future"

"Yes"

"Have you had your first kiss?"

"Yes, but I was four so I don't know if it counts"

"Are you a virgin?"

"Yes"

After that it got really quiet and awkward. Our ice cream soon came. I got mint chocolate chip, Brennan got cookie dough, and Katie got strawberry cheesecake flavored ice cream.

We ate our ice cream in silence and then went home.