#33

#33
Ayla's POV

The doctor squirts the cold gel on my swollen belly before moving the ultrasound wand along it.

"Don't look" I tell Brennan.

"Fine, I'll just look at you"

"Don't sound so disappointed" I reply.

Brennan smiles at me and takes my hand, lacing his fingers through mine and planting a kiss to the back of it.

***

"Katie, we are trusting you with the gender reveal of our baby. Are you ready to take on the responsibility" I ask Katie before handing her the envelope that has the gender in it.

"So ready" she says excited.

I hand her the envelope, "no matter what, do not tell anyone the gender"

"I promise I won't"

***

Today is the gender reveal. My belly is getting bigger by the day. Brennan and I are so excited to find out the gender. Even though it doesn't really matter, we both just want a healthy baby... boy. The only reason I say I want a boy though is because Brennan says he wants a girl. I honestly don't care, I don't think Brennan does either. I just think he'd prefer a girl.

I wake up and roll from my left side to my right. Brennan is still sleeping peacefully. I watch him as silent breaths escape his slightly parted lips. I smile to myself. How did I got so lucky?

So far throughout my pregnancy, I have been having a rollercoaster of emotions, pains, sleepless nights. But no matter what, Brennan has been there. If I can't sleep, he won't sleep. If I'm in pain, he tries to make it better. He is literally the best boyfriend I could ever ask for. And even though neither of us planned to be having a baby as a teenager, he is truly making the most of it.

Not only is Brennan perfect, his family is too. They took me in as one of their own, when my parents kicked me out. If it weren't for them, I'd honestly probably be homeless. Brennan probably would too because I don't think he'd let me be homeless alone.

My belly is really big for me only being about 25 weeks pregnant. Jill thinks it's because I was so skinny before, that I just started to show earlier.

Brennan stirs slightly and opens his eyes. He sees me and immediately smiles. "Good morning."

"Good morning" I say before leaning in and placing a kiss to Brennan's lips.

"How are you feeling?" Brennan asks, knowing that the baby was kicking my ribs a lot last night before we went to sleep.

"A lot better, I think baby is sleeping now"

"It's about time, I feel like our baby never sleeps"

"I hope the baby isn't like that when it's born" I say, thinking about the future and how little sleep I'm going to get.

"I know we still have half of your pregnancy to go, and I know it's going to be extremely difficult when the baby is born. I'm still really excited to meet it."

"Me too"

I rest my head on Brennan's chest and wrap my arms around him as he wraps his arms around me. We stay this way for a while.

"I've got to shower" I say starting to try to get up from the bed, "wanna join?" I ask Brennan.

"I mean what's the worst that could happen?" He asks rhetorically, quickly hopping off the bed to come and help me after he notices me struggling because of my belly. "You get pregnant?" He finishes his "question".

"It's a little too late for that" I respond, grabbing his hand and pulling him to the bathroom.

***

After our shower, I put on a sports bra and some underwear. I've started to have to wear sports bras, this might be a little TMI but my boobs have been growing, and my regular bras don't really fit anymore.

"Ayla?" Brennan asks as he sits down on the edge of our bed. I walk over and stand in front of him. He's done this every single night and morning since I started showing. Brennan starts to rub some sort of stretch mark preventing lotion on my belly. I'm not really sure what it is, because Jill got it for me. But it's really working. I have very few stretch marks.

My hair dries really fast, so by the time Brennan got done rubbing my belly, my hair was almost dry. I go into our dresser and take one of Brennan's shirts most of mine don't fit me anymore. And we don't really want to buy a whole new wardrobe for me. We're trying to save our money. I grab my makeup bag and struggled to sit down on the floor in front of a full length mirror we have. I do my everyday makeup routine. Some concealer, eye shadow, mascara, highlighter, and chapstick.

As I'm applying my chapstick, Brennan walks up behind me.

"Ayla, I got you something" he says, sounding slightly nervous. He puts a necklace on you. It's silver and has a constellation on it. You take it in your hand and turn it over. There is a date on the back.

"It was the only constellation in the sky, the first night we kissed, the first night I knew I wanted to spend my life with you

"It was the only constellation in the sky, the first night we kissed, the first night I knew I wanted to spend my life with you. I'm so glad Katie helped us get back together, because I don't know what I would do without you."

My eyes start to get teary. Ever since I got pregnant, I cry all the time. "I love it." I say, "I love you"

"I love you too" he says.

I tip my head back so that Brennan can lean down and give me a kiss.

"Can you help me up?" I ask him.

"Of course"

Brennan helps me up, as soon as I'm standing I turn around and grab Brennan's face, kissing him. After kissing his lips, I place a kiss to the side of his neck, his collar bone, and then his chest. I stop there, not wanting to go too far because the party is in about an hour. I wrap my arms around him. He holds me as tight as he can with our baby in between us.