#6

#6

Ayla's POV

1:03

As I quietly get out of bed, I hear the thunder from the storm. I love thunderstorms, especially the lightning. I find it fascinating, and really cool to watch.

I walk into the living room and see Brennan sitting on the couch, just like every other night. I also notice the flashes of light coming from outside.

I walk up to Brennan and extend my hand to him. He cautiously takes my hand, I lead him quietly out the back door of his house, and on to the porch. We sit down on a couch, our fingers still intertwined.

I look outside and up at the sky, waiting for lightning.

"Why did you bring me out here?" Brennan asks.

"I love lightning" I reply.

"You can't see it from here, we have a roof over our heads" he says as if it were obvious "let's get a better view."

Brennan stands up, and I stand next to him. We walk out the back of the porch and into the pouring rain. His hand is in mine as we walk to the center of the backyard.

"Oooo, did you see that one?" I ask.

He laughs slightly "yeah".

We stand out there for a couple minutes, just holding each others hand and pointing out the really big and cool strikes of lightning.

"Wow, look at that" Brennan says, mocking me from what I said before.

"Shut up" I say playfully hitting him on the chest. I look up, and right into Brennan's brown eyes. Most people find blue eye pretty, but I think brown eyes are just as mesmerizing.

Brennan releases my hand, that was still holding his, to wrap it around my waist.

At this point we were both dripping wet, and my hair is all stuck on my face.

Brennan takes his free hand and wipes the hair on my face, tucking it behind my ear. He leaves his hand lingering on my cheek and jaw.

He looks down at my lips and I slightly lick my bottom one. Which is a habit of mine when I get nervous.

He leans towards me until his bottom lip is grazing mine. He waits for a couple seconds as if testing the waters. I reach my hand up and rest it on the back of his head, feeling his wet hair. I slowly pull him closer, as his lips fully set on mine.

I slightly part my lips as he does, before kissing him fully again. The kiss was gentle and passionate. I pull him a little closer, deepening the kiss. After a couple seconds we both pull away for air, resting our foreheads against each other's.

"You have no clue how long I've wanted to do that" Brennan says breathlessly.

"This is so cliché" I laugh.

He laughs too.

***

I wake up to someone knocking on my door.

"Come in" I call out.

The door opens and Brennan sticks his head in.

"Good morning" he smiles at me.

"Morning" I smile back.

"My mom wants you to get up, we are leaving at 10:00 to go to the carnival."

I yawn while trying to say okay.

"How are you still tired?" Brennan asks. "It's 9:00"

"I'm sorry. Someone had the great idea to walk out in the rain last night." I say "or this morning".

"Best idea I've ever had" he says before quickly pulling his head out of my room and shutting the door.

I crawl out of bed and change into a grey halter crop top, some high waisted jean shorts, and a pair of low top white converse.

(Picture at the top)

I then walk to the bathroom and do my morning routine, before applying a little makeup. I didn't even bother showering because I showered really early this morning, after being out in the rain.

I go into the kitchen and grab a plate of breakfast, and eat before we go to the carnival.

***

We all pile into the car, I ended up sitting in the back between Katie and Brennan.

On our way to the carnival, the song Mercy by Shawn Mendes comes on. I gasp a little, because I love Shawn Mendes's songs, and I was really excited to listen to it.

"Mom can you turn it up" Brennan yells to the front of the car.

Jill reaches to the radio and turns up the song. I hum along to the music until Katie starts singing along to the chorus of the song, and so does Brennan. Which surprises me. Soon I was the only one not signing, Brennan taps my thigh with the back of his hand. "Sing" he mouths to me. Almost exactly what I did to him when we went to the park to play soccer.

I roll my eyes but start singing anyway.

***

We walk up to the ticket booth and Jill asks for four wrist bands. She doesn't include the adults because they say they are just going to hang around the food and game section.

After getting our wrist bands, Ryan,  Katie, Brennan and I start walking towards the rides.

"Which one first?" I asks

"Sky master?" Katie questions.

"Yes, I love that one" Brennan replies.

I didn't know which one they we're talking about until I look around and notice a ride that has 'Sky Master' written on the side. I watch as the place where you sit goes back and forth before going around and making everyone on the ride go upside down.

"I'll pass" I say.

"Please come with" Brennan begs.

I give in knowing that I can't say no to him, and who knows, maybe I'll love this ride. Though I doubt it.

(This is what I'm referring to)

I wait in line nervously, I don't exactly like rides like this.

"Can we play the goldfish game after this? So I can win a goldfish" I ask.

"You can't get a goldfish yet. What are you going to do with it while we go on rides?" Brennan questions.

"I guess" I sigh.

We soon get sent to get on the ride. There are two seats next to each other. Ryan and Katie sit next to each other. While Brennan and I sit behind them. I buckle myself up, and so does Brennan. I star taking deep breaths because I'm kinda scared of carnival rides that put you upside down.

"I'm scared" I say, speaking my thoughts while the guy running the ride comes around and checks everyone's seat belts.

"Don't be scared" Brennan grabs my hand "nothing bad can happen, were strapped in"

" what about if the seat belt breaks, or the ride breaks down while we are upside down" I question.

"Don't think about it like that. But on the plus side, if any of that does happen, you can sue the carnival"

I laugh slightly, making me loosen up and be less nervous.

The ride begins and I shut my eyes tight and squeeze Brennan's hand. It isn't long until we are going upside down.

" Open your eyes" Brennan says.

I reluctantly open my eyes, realizing that this ride isn't that bad after all. I loosen my grip a little on Brennan, and enjoy the rest of the ride. 

***

A/N sorry if this chapter is a little odd, it is currently midnight:04 (12:04) and I just wanted to write, so I did.