Episode 10 ZAP!

February 14th, Valentines day, Two weeks later, School halls

"How is she!?" Mike asked when Alex approached her locker- their lockers were almost side by side. Although everyone knew that Anita was fine- no one had heard what had happened that night in the pool. Anita was a good swimmer! How could she almost drown!?

Alex made a face, "She's good! Yeah, I think she's back in school today too." She had gone to see Anita on Friday. "The doctor said that other then the gash on her head- two stitches by the way- she's fine."

Mike grimaced as he leaned against his closed locker, his golden blonde hair spiked to perfection, and he was not totally unaware of the head turning he had been getting recently from girls at school.

"Did... did she say what happened?" he asked.

Alex had one of her migraine frowns on and she was having trouble with her combination lock, "Well..." she stopped and looked at him, her voice lowered, "She said that she tried doing the diving board- but slipped." Alex looked around the hall nervous of being over heard- but the teens in the hall were too busy to be eavesdropping!

"She hit her head before going into the water but was still conscious, but she said that she gasped a mouth full of water and couldn't get her arms to move... shock I guess. Then she blacked out."

Mike raised his eye brows; this was legit!

"She said the next thing she remembered was waking up on the deck with Jen leaning over her." Alex lowered her voice to a whisper.

"What was Garbage Girl doing there!?" Mike used the girls nick name without even realizing it.

Alex shrugged, "She pulled her out of the pool- and the weirdest part? Anita said she didn't remember coughing when she woke up- doesn't everyone cough when they almost drown!?"

Mike shrugged as he thought it over, and Alex went back to her combination- with no luck. She closed her eyes and breathed slowly.

Mike smirked, "Let me." he reached for her lock, but as soon as his fingers touched her metal lock- he got an audible ZAP!

"Yowch!" he yelped and jumped back holding his zapped hand to himself, he gave her a wide-eyed stare, "You just did it- didn't you!?"

Alex looked as shocked as him (no pun intended), "No! I didn't- I..."

Mike grinned, "Awe- you totally just put an electric charge into your locker!"

Before Alex could deny it, there came another zap and yelp of pain further down the locker row as someone else touched their locker.

Mike grinned again, "Yes!" He hissed and Alex looked at him her brown eyes wide, "We have super powers!" he whispered energetically.

Alex whapped him in the stomach, "We're not talking about that here!" she hissed back.

"What do you want to talk about then?" he asked smugly and leaned in, he had been doing more and more practicing with his 'time travel trick', and he was convinced that he and Alex had super powers... in the form of migraines...

"Give anyone a valentine?" she asked with a raised brow.

Mike leaned back against his locker, "Yeah... yeah I did." it was a tradition to slide valentines into people's lockers- and Mike had slid one into a certain laser eyed girl's locker.

Lee... he had found out her name at the last Quiz meet; Lee... he had practiced writing her name for an hour last night... but not his own, his valentine was anonymous... baby steps.

Alex smirked and finally got her locker open, a slip of paper fluttered to the dirty tiles.

"Who's giving you valentines!?" he asked with a jab of jealousy, "Me and Nicky are the only guys you know!... right?" Alex wasn't the girl that Nicky would give a valentine to! A thought crossed his mind of Jackson and Ken from the other team... NAH!

Just then Nicky and Tracy ambled up to them at Tracy's limping pace.

"Alex got a valentine!?" Tracy asked sliding her glasses back up her cute nose.

Alex picked up the paper with a blush- but then her face went white!

"Who's it from?" all three friends asked at once.

Alex crumpled the note and pressed her lips together.

"Fine have it your way!" Nicky laughed slightly.

"She'll tell me later who it's from." Tracy smiled, and she and Nicky started off down the hall again. To his surprise Alex passed Mike the crumpled note; it was no valentine.

I know what you can do- you little weirdo

That's all the note said... Mike looked back up at Alex, the same thought rushing to their heads.

"Someone knows." He whispered. Alex swallowed, no doubt thinking of the red light trick she had done a few months back.

"Who!?" Mike's mind reeled with names and faces- they hadn't told anyone about this- not even his sister!

"Hey you two!" Chick smiled as she and Jackson strolled by. Chick was bright and chipper as always, but Jackson had his head phones on- and sun glasses- inside...

Alex's face looked even more white as she watched the couple melt into the crowd.

"Them!?" Mike hissed in disbelief- he liked Chick!

Alex swallowed again, "Maybe... on Halloween... this thing happened to me and Anita..." Mike listened as she told her crazy story straight out of a tv episode!

"You think it was them!?" he asked.

"And then again at the library a few months back- Chick and Maddison were doing research on me- I'm sure of it!"

This time Mike swallowed hard; one thing was certain, he would be keeping a very close eye on Chick and Jackson!

Time powers? What do you think? and who sent the note? Chick and Jackson? or someone else...