Episode 12 The second accident

March 24th, Two weeks later, QM #3

"You guy's should be proud of yourselves! I know I am." Nick said with a big smile as the whole team- both of them- gathered together in the coat room.

The third Quiz Meet was out in a large country church about four hours from home, it had gone through several renovations and was like a giant maze of back stairs, large closets and long twisted hallways. The church had a large coat room- a perfect square, with benches all around. Coats hung up above the benches, bags and backpacks were tucked under the benches, stray candy wrappers and quiz schedules were everywhere. It was Saturday night and they had done an amazing job that day, as Nick had just said.

"Catch!" Kate said as she tossed a hand full of rockets at the group.

"I caught the last few minuets of you guys- that was intense!!!!" Mike said with bright eyes to Lisa's team.

"I know- did you see that tall guy!? He jumped for like every question!" Spencer said in disbelief.

Chick popped her candies into her mouth, "Yeah- what a know it all." She smirked.

"I can't believe I got that one question!" Jen said her face spread with a goofy smile- for once people thought she had done a good job. The quizzer in chair five on the opposing team forfeit a question- it had gone to Jen, after scratching her heel with her foot and mumbling for forty seconds- Jen actually got it right! Everyone- even the opposing team had given her high fives!

"It was a good one, Jen." Ken, the other team's leader said with a proud smile- Alex had figured out way too late that those two... were sister and brother!

"Tracy- when you got that question- all I could think of was..." Amanda couldn't speak through her laughter, "You know... Eraser guy?" she giggled.

Tracy had a blank look on her face for a moment before smiling, "Oh yeah." She laughed, while the others could only wonder about the inside joke. Everyone in the team had seen 'the video', and there had been a LOT of talk about Tracy's limp. Lisa and her team thought that Tracy had been faking her limp for sympathy, while Alex and the others had their own thoughts. Tracy hadn't talked about the video or her limp to anyone except Nicky and had truly been faking her limp for the past few weeks- but it really was gone. Nick had warned people to mind their own business and not to gossip when it had come up at practice- that had helped a little.

Jackson was the only one who wasn't really joining in the celebrations, he had his hoodie up and head phones on- and didn't eat any candy.

"Where's Maddy?" Lisa asked suddenly- true enough she wasn't there.

"Ah- she went into town- said she wanted Tims." Ken said when everyone looked to him- there was an unspoken understanding that he and Madison were a THING.

Chick smirked again, "Her and her coffee!" she always made it sound like she knew people better then everyone else.

"Did Claudia go with her?" Lisa asked- and everyone realized that the First nations girl was also missing.

Nick looked around with the same look every youth pastor has when they think they've lost one of their youth.

"I'll text her." Lisa volunteered.

The coat room was getting crowded as other teens came to get their things.

"Alright, you guys have a... half hour before your rides will get here to take you back to your host homes." Nick said after checking his watch, giving the signal that everyone could go.

"Stay out of trouble," Kate said as they started to leave, "remember we still have tomorrow to get through- and-" everyone paused to hear her last part, "Be safe." She said giving Anita and- strangely enough- Jen a hard look.

Anita smirked, "They don't have a pool here." She joked- Nick and Kate didn't think it was funny.

* * *

"Hey! Tracy!" Mike called as Tracy, Nicky, Amanda and Anita turned down the hall from the coat room.

"She'll think we're crazy." Alex muttered as she and Mike sat on a narrow unlit stair that went up to a locked office or something.

"Yeah?" Tracy asked turning- everyone paused with her and looked back.

"Come on! If we hurry we can get in on the game of sardines going on!" Anita urged.

"We just want to talk to Tracy for a minuet." Mike said awkwardly.

Amanda frowned, "What ever." she muttered, "Come on Anita- Hey Chick; wait for us!" the two girls ran down the hall leaving Tracy and Nicky who joined Alex and Mike on the stairs. It was like everyone ignored how Mike had said 'Tracy', and yet Nicky still came too.

"What is it?" Tracy asked, pushing her glasses up her nose.

Mike grinned and Alex sighed- this was a bad idea!

"Me and Alex have had these migraines see," Mike jumped right in, "And the only way for Alex to get rid of hers... is to release an electric charge!"

Tracy and Nicky blinked, "What?" they asked together.

"Show em!" Mike urged excitedly.

Sighing again, Alex reached out and pointed at the metal hand railing; static electricity arched from her finger to the railing with a fuzzing noise- just like it did every time she had practiced it in the past few weeks.

"Whoa!" Nicky yelped and jumped back from the railing.

"No way." Tracy whispered in a way that said this sort of thing wasn't totally new to her.

"We have super powers." Mike said after a moment. "Like actually!"

Alex held up her hand and let an electric arc connect her fingers, demonstrating Mike's words, she had been hesitant to agree with Mike at first... but what else could explain what was happening to her!?

 but what else could explain what was happening to her!?

"With that video..." Mike said delicately, "We thought that you might... be able to do something too."

Tracy swallowed and exchanged a look with Nicky, "Me and Nicky have both... experienced something weird..." she said, her voice quiet.

Mike's face lit up, "Really!? Both of you!? AWE YEAH! What?"

"First you." Nicky insisted, "You said you had super powers too."

"Ok." Mike closed his eyes, and they sat for a fraction of a second before his eyes flew open and his mouth dropped in surprise. He was looking down the hall, "Madison crashed her car!"

Wa whooo- things are heating up here! What kind of super powers do you think Tracy and Nicky have?