Episode 39 Who indeed?

May 4th, One week later, School yard

"Maybe we should go." Tom suggested, his deep voice serious.

Lee rolled her eyes, "And what!? Have at him!?"

"Why not?" Josh asked with a reckless grin. "I could take him!" 

 "I could take him!" 

Tom heaved a sigh- he didn't like it when he and Josh saw eye to eye on things. Josh hadn't wasted any time when he got back to school after his suspension, and had announced to Tom, Lee and Chrissy that he had super powers too.

At first none of them believed him (Tom was still skeptical) but much to Josh's delight- and everyone else's horror, he showed them a self filmed video of himself taking a hammer to his perfect teeth. His teeth weren't even chipped. The friends were pretty much forced to believe that Josh had super powers.

"Because- he's a bully and doesn't deserve our time!" Lee argued holding up the new note that Tom had received that day during school.

Tired of being cowards as well as freaks? Met me after school at Windmill park

Was what the note said.

"But he knows about us," Chrissy said worriedly- she had been the most hesitant to believe Josh- and who could blame her? But now that he had super powers too, they were just plain stuck with Josh- he was like that stain you discovered on your shirt after you've already left your house. "I mean- he knows we have powers." Chrissy lowered her voice and looked about them worriedly. Students were boarding buses and walking to cars in the parking lot, no one seemed to be interested in the tight knot of friends.

Everyone was quiet for a moment- Chrissy was right about that. Somehow- someone had found out. Tom ran different people over in his mind; Hudson? The Brander? For a time he had thought it might be Josh. "Are we sure it's not a girl?" He asked.

"It's not a girl." Josh said at once- everyone looked at him, "I mean- I think it's a guy." He tried to make a recovery, but Tom wasn't buying it- maybe he was involved in sending the notes.

"Look, it doesn't mater!" Lee said with clear frustration and irritation with Josh, "Boy or girl- doesn't mater! If they had proof that we have super powers- then they wouldn't be sending notes- they'd be blabbing it to everyone."

Chrissy nodded, and Tom sighed- Lee was probably right- he still wanted to punch this note sender in the nose though!

Josh nodded, "He doesn't have proof." he agreed- what was with him?

"Right- so; none of us are going to Windmill park today. We're not going to try and find out who they are. And!" Lee poked a finger at Josh, "We're not going to do something dumb- like post videos of our powers on line!"

Josh shrugged, "Relax- I'm not stupid!"

Lee gave him one last glare, "See you tomorrow." She turned to go to her bus but was stalled by a voice.

"Hola! May the fourth be with you!" Gabino greeted excitedly as he approached them, "Ready for the Quiz meet!?" Lee didn't even pause, but completely ignored Gabino.

Tom offered Gabino a fist bump, "Yeah man- see ya tonight- and may the fourth be with you too." Was all he could think to say- how long could they keep their powers a secret from everyone?

* * *

"Hey, Chrissy- can I say something?"

Chrissy paused and stifled a sigh at Josh's words, "I need to get on my bus." She said turning back to him.

"Yeah, yeah," Josh nodded his head and slowly closed the gap between them, "I just- I wanted to apologize."

Chrissy blinked, "What?" the word tumbled out before she could think better of it.

Josh smiled, "Yeah- you know, about the fight... I said some stupid stuff."

Chrissy's throat thickened when she remembered Josh's hurtful and careless words when he fought with Hudson. She had seen some videos of the fight- but they had hurt her too much to watch- Josh really had said some nasty things about her.

But his apology really sounded sincere- and he sounded much more like the guy she had grown up with.

"It- it's ok." She stuttered with a shrug.

Josh smiled and scooped her up in a hug- she wasn't totally cool with that- but what could she do? Hopefully he didn't take this as permission to start calling her his girlfriend again!

Josh walked away with one last wink aimed at her, and Chrissy took a deep breath; could her day be any more stressful?

"Hey Chris." Hudson's gentle voice sent shivers down her spine, she turned to find him standing near by, hands in pockets, head lowered to better make eye contact with her.

"Hey." She greeted- forcing her heart back into her chest. 'He might be the one sending notes!' she tried to tell herself- but it was no use! How could he send such nasty notes one minuet then look at her like that the next!?

Hudson grinned like he realized that he was staring at her, "I ah," he started and bit his lip, "Can we talk- maybe hangout soon?"

Chrissy blinked in surprise, "Um, you mean like- practice our verses?"

Hudson laughed slightly, "Yeah, sure we could do that." and again he looked at her like he was trying to send an unspoken message.

His phone ringtone went off- and he sighed and pulled out his phone, "I gotta take this." He apologized.

"Yeah- I should get on my bus." Chrissy hooked her thumb behind her to her bus.

Hudson looked torn between her and his ringing phone, "I could give you a ride." He offered.

Chrissy looked across the parking lot to his motorcycle, she blushed, "Um, no it's ok." She backed away to her bus.

Hudson gave her a halfhearted smile, "Ok- I'll text you later?"

"Yeah." She quickly agreed then practically ran onto her bus- did that really just happen!?!? Chrissy slouched into her bus bench and tried to breath, then she looked out her window at Hudson- would he be looking at her?

To her slight disappointment, he was fully engrossed in his phone call.

"Now?" she couldn't hear him- but she could read his lips fine. He looked frustrated and... worried! Then he looked up and around as if looking for someone- his eyes paused on the side walk across the school- Chrissy looked too; a red head was walking away quickly.

"Ok, I'll go around to the back end of the park." Chrissy read the words on Hudson's lips as he ran to his motorcycle.

There is just one more EP of part 2!