Episode 37 Unbreakable

"Look at this!" Josh's father said aggressively as he shoved his phone at the doctor, a shaky video of Hudson sucker punching Josh played.

The doctor watched the video with great patience, "Yes sir, it certainly looks like your son should have sustained more injury then bruising and some cuts- but his x-rays show no sign of fractures- not even a hairline fracture." The doctor pointed back to the screen where the x-rays of Josh's jaw were displayed.

Josh frowned as he sat on the paper topped gurney; he was certain that Hudson had at least cracked a tooth... and yet there were his x-rays!

"Aside from some contusions, your son is fine." The doctor assured.

"Some what?" Josh's Father asked with a frown.

The doctor sighed, "Bruising Mr. Fischer."

Josh's father blinked, then laughed, "HA! Chip off the old block!" he whacked Josh harshly on the shoulder, making Josh flinch, "Come on, Josh lets go."

As Josh followed his father through the hospital waiting room and then outside to the parking lot, he screwed up his face in deep thought. How had he not broken something!? Hudson's fist was like a rock! He would never admit it- but fighting Hudson was the scariest thing he had ever done! The guy was huge! And in all the videos of the fight, (twelve different versions had already been uploaded in the past two hours since the fight) you could clearly hear the sound Hudson's fist made when he hit Josh's jaw. It was like a sound effect out of a movie! Josh was certain his brain had dislodged from the solid impact; how had his jaw not snapped in half!? Not even a little crack!

Josh climbed into his father's beat up pick up, while his Father lit his forth cigarette since he picked him up.

'I'm unbreakable...' the thought tumbled it's way through Josh's mind as his father had to turn his key twice before the engine started.

'I have super powers too!' Josh grinned but quickly stopped at the pain- his bones may not break- but everything else seemed to! Deep bruising had begun over his face, and his right eye was swollen, and his lip was split open. His knuckles were also swollen and bloody- hopefully by the time his one week suspension from school was over the swelling would be gone.

Surely now Chrissy would see that they were meant to be together- now that they both had super powers!

* * *

April 20th, Four days later, Still five days left on Hudson and Josh's suspension, School yard

Lee made a sound of disgust as she passed a group of students who were talking about the Brander's latest video. What kind of person filmed teens who were a bit out of the ordinary- then made fun of them online!? Lee just wished that the small-time youtuber would give up and do something real with their life- but it seemed that for now the Brander was determined to roll out bad videos and crack even worse jokes. What a jerk.

It was lunch and Lee was walking around the school grounds so that she could avoid talking to anyone- when had her life gotten so ridicules!? Super powers- where had that come from?!

Lee's teal eyes narrowed as she came to a halt, around the corner she could just see the music room with it's wall of windows, there was a row of bushes right along the windows. Her mind went back nearly seven months to the beginning of school; to the day that Josh had tried to make a stink bomb... it hadn't worked- josh was terrible with science- but what if he had released some kind of toxic fumes!?

Lee brushed her curly brown hair out of her face as her mind reeled, "Were we all in that class!?" she asked herself under her breath, "I was there- Tom was there...Chrissy too...."

Lee's train of thought derailed when a flicker of movement at the music room windows caught her eye.

Someone- a boy- was crawling out of the bushes. He wore typical jeans and a leather jacket and he looked like he had dark hair- that's all Lee really saw before he ran off.

Feeling unease fill her, Lee hurried up to the class room windows to see what the boy had been looking at; inside were two girls, a blonde with her back to the window, and a red head who was talking to the blonde.

Lee backed away before they spotted her. Why was that boy spying on the two girls? Something about it just made Lee uncomfortable.

"Maybe I'm paranoid." She muttered as she hurried to get back inside; the bell would ring soon.

* * *

"Have you seen Lee?" Tom asked as he hurried up along side Chrissy in the busy halls, it was just after third period, and they had a few minuets till the last class of the day.

Chrissy shook her head, "Sorry, no. I have to get to my locker." She half apologized and hurried along, to her surprise, Tom kept pace with her.

"Careful when you open it." He warned.

"Why?" Chrissy asked- then understood when he held up a note.

"Found it in my locker just now- whoever this creep is, they must slip the notes in just before- or after class- either that or they have a hall pass." Tom muttered.

"Or their not a student." Chrissy realized with a sick feeling. Tom handed her his note.

Hey sparky- how many house fires do you start around town?

"It was like a month ago that I had that accident- I haven't told anyone but my sister and you guys," Tom hissed, "So how does this guy know about it!?"

Chrissy swallowed- was Tom accusing her!?

Chrissy stopped a few lockers from her own and looked up at Tom, "I don't know who's sending these notes- or why. But-" what she was about to say was cut off by the surprised frown on Tom's face; he was looking at her locker!

Chrissy followed his gaze; Hudson was walking along the lockers (he was impossible to miss in a crowd) he was holding a slip of neon orange paper and was looking at the locker numbers as if searching for a certain one. He stopped at Chrissys!

"What's he doing!?" Chrissy breathed in horror- she could clearly see the slip of paper in his big hands.

"Just wait!" Tom hissed- but they never saw what Hudson was about to do- for just then he noticed them. He flashed his charming smile at them like it was any other day.

"Hey Chris, Tom- how's it going?" Hudson asked as he walked up to them- he tucked his paper away in his back pocket.

"Thought you were on suspension." Tom's dead pan statement didn't even faze Hudson.

"Awe- yeah, that." he rubbed his forehead with his thumb in a nervous gesture that didn't suit him, "Because of my record (up till last week) of being a model student... they shortened my suspension!" He clasped his hands together- obviously embarrassed and even ashamed.

"Cool. Guess we'll see you at practice then." Tom said.

Hudson smiled down at Chrissy- the smile that always made her blush, "Yeah, I guess so." There was a moment of silence where Chrissy was certain that Hudson was trying to tell her something through his eyes- but she wasn't sure she wanted to interpret the message.

"See you guys later." She said before slipping past Hudson.  

What was Hudson up to? is he the note writer?! I would love to hear your thoughts