Episode 52 In or out?

March 27th, Three days later, Before the first bell, School halls

Lisa raised her eyebrows when she saw Claudia approach her, Colten and Jackson in the halls.

"What is wrong with her!?" she asked in surprise at her friends appearance; Claudia was a mess! Her hair was pulled straight back in a greasy pony tail- that did nothing for her face shape, she hadn't put on make up- or jewelry! And her out fit looked like a self-conscious grade nine had regurgitated their cringey wardrobe all over her! That is to say... Claudia was just wearing sweat pants and a baggy sweater- but to Lisa that was like committing social suicide! It would be embarrassing to be seen with her like that!

Colten shrugged, "Beats me, she's barely come out of her room for the past two days! But then- I've heard that quizzing takes a lot out of you." He smiled smugly.

Lisa frowned; since when did Claudia let the pressure get to her!? She thrived on competition! And talking about that! Lisa remembered how useless Claudia had been on the last day of the quiz meet- as if something had happened Saturday night...

"You ok?" Jackson asked as Claudia came up to them in the hall.

Claudia sighed- she seemed to be having trouble making eye contact with anyone.

Lisa frowned again when she saw Claudia's shoes; Claudia hated those boots! She always complained that they were super heavy!

"Look, I can't help with the notes and videos today." Claudia informed them briskly.

"Oh- were you helping before?" Colten asked with a sneer.

Lisa ignored the sibling tension, "Why? What's going on with you!?"

Claudia shrugged and looked away, "I just got stuff to do." She said lamely, "I'll see you guys later." With that, she was gone.

Lisa watched her go with a frown.

* * *

Just before the second bell, School hall

Jackson adjusted his head phones over his ears- all the noise he could hear really was overwhelming! And on top of that his eyes were over sensitive to light! AND he could taste everything, the mint of the gum that a student further down the hall was chewing, the bitter, gross taste of the perfume that the girl across the hall was wearing- it was driving Jackson insane!

He closed his locker and jumped in surprise; Colten was standing there with a smug smile.

"What?" Jackson asked cautiously.

"I just got some new information. You know that blonde guy on the other team?"

Jackson frowned, "Mike?"

"Yeah- he's got powers too." Colten said nonchalantly.

Jackson shifted his feet, "How do you know?"

Colten shrugged a shoulder, "I got an informant- and unfortunately their not any good at video taping!" he added under his breath.

Jackson frowned; who was Colten's 'informant'?!? What if this 'informant' found out about Jackson's secret?! Jackson swallowed hard, glad that his pounding heart wasn't as loud as it sounded to him. "What?" he managed to get out.

Colten looked a bit annoyed, "Look the point is- we know for certain that the red head and Limpy have super natural powers of some kind."

"Alex and Tracy." Jackson corrected- strange how you start to care about people when you find out your just like them.

"Yeah. And now we know that 'Mike'," he pronounced the name carefully to please Jackson, "has time travel powers! Now all I need is definite proof on camera! My channel will brake the internet!" he bragged excitedly- and Jackson felt a bit sick.

'I could be on that channel so easily...' normally internet fame is a teenagers dream! But not like this.

"So, I figure we scare um with more notes, then watch them closely for when they blow up or something!" Colten laughed slightly and handed Jackson a blank slip of paper and a pen.

"Why do I have to write them?" Jackson asked, shrinking back from the paper like it was a Rat Snake and he was an unfortunate rodent.

Colten shrugged, "My writing is terrible! No one would be able to read it!" he shook the paper impatiently.

Jackson wished he could think of a way to get out of writing those notes.... But he couldn't.

He took the notes and used his locker as a hard surface to write on, "What am I writing?" he asked- hating himself a little more on the inside every moment.

"You're all freaks with your... zapping, and your 'time travel'." Colten instructed with a smirk, "And then put, 'You all belong in a circus'."

Jackson hesitated, and gave Colten a weird look, but he wrote it anyway.

"Great- now do one for Garbage Girl." Colten instructed.

Again Jackson hesitated... his guilt smothering him... He had seen lots of people bully the quirky blonde and knowing that she was struggling with something similar to Jackson... suddenly made it all very REAL.

"Um... ok write this 'Your Garbage is going to get soggy with all that water'." Colten grinned as Jackson wrote the note and handed it over.

"If you want to see something funny- you should swing by her locker when she finds it." Colten laughed to himself, "You should have seen her face last time!"

"I gotta get to class." Jackson said, still feeling sick- and it had nothing to do with the cleaning spray the janitor was using down the hall that Jackson could taste in the air.

What would you do in Jackson's shoes?