Chapter fourty

"You don't make it like your mum makes it"
He says
as I watch him dip the pounded yam into the egusi soup. "Because I don't like it. I don't know why you eat it. I only make it because of you" I tell him, he smiles looking up at me from his food. "I love you, you know that"
"I love you Shad." I say back, "but what's with that, you keep on saying it these days more and more like, a niggas turning soft or what?"
"Cuzzzz who would of thought a guy like me would be eating this African shit. Like, when my cell mate used to make this pounded yam ting , I would get onto him. Now, I crave this shit ,like what the actual fuck, you've changed me down to the food I eat"
"Awww" I coo, "and now I'm a yardiee gyal woiiii, come let's go brixton so I can get some Refill. Get some oxtail and dem tings and dem tinsss"
"Nah bake, bake bake" he laughs hysterically squinting his little eyes.
"Now oyahh, go and get me water in a bowl to wash- miiiy andddd"
"Nooo" I was on the verge of tears, my cheekbones hurting from all the laughter "nah bake off. You've been watching too much Nollywood with my mum"
"I can't even lie because it's the truth" he admits
"What's that film even called again"
"I'm in love with the house girl" we say in unison,
"JINX"
"You know im not gonna stay quiet"
I felt the baby move on the right side of my belly, bringing a smile upon my face, I hadn't felt it for an hour or so but I didn't want to cause a fuss and drag Rashad and Mackenzie to the hospital ,when everything was going to be fine, and I was just over exaggerating, like normal. "Nah but big man ting can you bring me a bowl with water in it"
"What do I look like to you?" I kiss my teeth, but I still get up and waddle my way to the kitchen slowly, "THANKS B" he shouts from the living room. Waddling my way back to living room some water spills on the floor "careful my penguin"
"Are you actually taking the piss, mums I will go back and pour it away, don't even know why I did it"
"I'm sorry I'm sorry" he chuckles as he takes the bowl of water from my hand.

Sis Riele: Did you ask him?

Appeared on my phone and i knew I might as-well, no matter the outcome. "Shad, why didn't you tell me that tomorrow is the day you dad died?" He stared into space, totally ignoring me. "Rashad, why would you allow us to have our gender reveal on the day? Are you not gonna be upset or, or do you just want to block it out-"
"Shutup!" He snaps, interrupting me " I don't know why rielle is telling you shit but she needs to stop. Don't star with that probation officer councillor shit?m, I'm ignoring it for a reason"
"I know you must be sad about it, Riell Is too,she's 3 weeks overdue aswell , she's really going through it now so be nice about it , yeah?"
"Mmm" he said
" goodnight baby I love you." I say as I grab hold of his empty plates to put in the kitchen
" I love you more"

The day before the baby shower,  I was sent home by my concerned mother and boyfriend, telling me I was getting "stressed out" and how it was not "necessary" . Really and truly, i knew that they were scared I was going to go mad again, as I had recently been off my medication due to the pregnancy, but honestly I felt fine. "Imagine Nay, he said I'm on bare chatting's" Kaylas voice came out the speaker of my car as I drove. "Looool" I said
"Muvaaas, this guy doesn't know what I'm on. Nah man this is why I don't deal with African boys"
"Bro, your gonna have a baby for an African boy, pattern"
"Oh my god, he's calling me now. I'll call you back yeah"
"Yeah sis" I say and she cuts the phone.

As I park the car outside the house I see Rashai outside the gate on the phone, walking up a f down frantically. When he spots me, he rushes over to the car, cutting the phone off as he gets in the passenger seat. "What's wrong bro?"
"Nothing but Rashad said drive me back , he wants me to help out there and that"
"Are you sure ? Last time I checked he had the whole Estate their helping , your help wouldn't make difference. Plus, he told me to come back and rest"
"Nah, I just spoke to him, drive me there please"
"No Rashai, if it's really that deep I'll get you an uber"
"No Nay! Please man just listen to me"
"Rashai all I want is my bed right now"
" Naomi, going in there's isn't a good decision"
" I don't care ! I can't be bothered for you games go play with your little girlfriend" I get out he car and lock it. Rashai is babbling behind me as I charge into the house, and he was right, if same a good decision me seeing that"

MURDERER

Was written in red on the walls. Scan pictures everywhere scribbled on or ripped. Pictures of me , Rashad and Mackenzie also, destroyed.

Rashad

When I got to the house, I didn't except it to be as bad as Rashai described it. I hated seeing Naomi like that. Crying, like a baby. Her eyes red, snot coming out her nose, shaking. "It's alright"
"How -is it-al-right" she stutters, crying in between her words "whoever did this isn't gonna stop ! Who- who does this type of thing"
"I said it's gonna be alright"
I hear my boys come in, through the front door. As I let Naomi cry in one arm and hold her tight, I turn my head back to them and say "someone call them Romanians from ends, tell them I've got a serious job for them too do , where some serious money can be made"

I wrote this on my iPhone with long acrylic nails so please excuse any mistakes. Please remember to vote too, thanks.